the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

anybodys guess

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2004 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  

If you are trying to get loud only then you need to find the loudest resonant frquency of the vehicle and then tune the box to that frequency. A ported box is the only wa to do this and generally will give you a gain of 3 db. The other person had a different vehicle, thus it cannot be compared at all.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
bigunner1 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2004 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
i must say, for what you got you should be way louder, you need to port those subs. i got 2 ED 15's ported in a cut thru in my regular cab truck, and i hit 143 on the new termlab. and all i am pushing them with is a single lanzar 1200D running at one 1ohm. you should easily hit the 150 mark.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2004 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
What did you use for your run, in terms of music. Did you use a sweep, or a burp or music or what?
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
slow_hoe2001 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2004 at 5:10 AM / IP Logged  
i used a burp and used track 42 (42hz i guess) i got a clinic at the show and they said that "could be my key frequency"    i dunno
italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2004 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
what part of TN do u live in?  we can get together one day and do both of our vehicles and be ready to beat everyone else in the upcoming MECA shows
slow_hoe2001 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2004 at 5:09 AM / IP Logged  
i'm from hartsville, do u know where that is? close to lebanon. holla @ me are u going to either meca show this weekend? i havent decided which 1 i am going to.
italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2004 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
nah dood i wont be doing a MECA show until i get a job and money to finish the new system.  i got fired form my installing job at electronic express cause they took over 500 dollars out of my paychecks illegaly and i confronted them about it...to make a long story short.  those p***ks!  ive been busy trying to get that money back.  but as soon as i get a job and im done with my new system ill be at several MECA shows
sexyvic1 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  

whats up bro i would definatly go ported if i were u .

with that other guy hitting only 4 tenths higher.....there could be a # of different reasons why....he could have built the box wrong, bad charging system, maybe even or more of his subs are shot, amp maybe shot, he may not have played the right frequency.....

there are plenty of things to take into factor. but i definatly think u should go ported. as long as u build it right u will 100% gauranteed hear and see a difference.

if u have a few minutes take a look at my sounddomian page below.....if u scroll to the bottom pics, those were 4 12" L7 subs ( when they first came out ) with 2 kicker zr1000 amps. when i competed  with that system i actually removed one amp and so i had 1 zr1000 going to all 4 subs and i still hit 152db. so with 4 15's in a wall u should in theory demolish my #'s.

dynamt will definatly help too....put some on the roof and door to stop flexing...every DB counts when u are competeing whether it is a tenth or 1.

goodluck, let us know how it turns out.

chasesaccessori 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2004 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
There you go... Someone finally hitting the nail on the head.   
Sound deadening will boost your numbers as is. You are loosing #'s with the flex of your truck. It's there wether you see it or not.
I ran only two 10's in a ported box with my truck completely sound deadened, I mean to the point where you could almost not hear anything from the outside other than what you would through the glass, and hit in the 160's.
(owner/installer)
Chase's Accessories
Ridgecrest, CA
in business since 92
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic