icon

12 eclipse aluminum prices?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
prncrakim 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
what should i expect to pay for a 12" eclipse aluminum at a dealer as opposed to buying on the internet and is it worth the extra money you will pay at an authorized dealer.
nottelling 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
Internet isn't a good way to go..its a bunch of people who're supposed to be selling wholesale and not to the public, but aren't doing so.  And theres never a factory warranty..go with an authorized dealer
12v_rep 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  

nottelling wrote:
Internet isn't a good way to go..its a bunch of people who're supposed to be selling wholesale and not to the public, but aren't doing so.  And theres never a factory warranty..go with an authorized dealer

Best. Post. Ever.

casedeez 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
Besides that if you decide to buy form the internet your not garunteed anything as opposed to buying form a authorized dealer. If you get your sub and it breaks you can go right back to the place you bought it. You buy it over the internet or off ebay for that matter and somethings broke, most likely they will tell you to buzz off. Your best chances are from a local dealer man.
dcgc 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
Definately do local authorized. I had to drive for two hours but well worth it.
I purchased Eclipse Ti 15" authorized at $499 each. Not sure about the Aluminums.
Shop gave me a three year warranty.
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
I bought my aluminum 15 online.
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
djMINIoompa 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
The word in this forum is saying internet buying is bad. I totally agree. I got ripped off one when i bought online. I ordered one product, they sent me a lower quality, used product and wouldnt return it and i couldn't get ahold of them in any way. The extra money you pay for buying from an authorized dealer is well worth the cost. If something goes wrong, the warrenty is there to make it all better.....If i was looking, i would look to purchase anything around $170 range. Thats about the norm. Good luck.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Always buy from the authorized dealer (like me but do not ask me as I am in Canada and must respect the site rules) who are always happy to help people with their questions. Purchasing from a authorized dealer allows us to pay our internet bills and spend time on these forums. Send Bberman1 a PM and let him know I referred you. He will be able to source out a Eclispe aluminum sub for you from an authorized dealer in the US and probably get you a good deal on it.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  

Had to throw this in here. I bought my whole system from an authorized dealer, only one within roughly 2 hrs of me that carried Eclipse and Diamond Audio. Service was great if there was ever a problem, take it to them and get it fixed, warranties are sweet. Now the BAD part of this story. The local dealer was owned by a spoiled rich kid who up and decided he didn't want the store anymore, so now I have no dealer to take my vehicle to if there is a problem so I might as well bought everything off the net for half the price and dealt with it myself. So, morale is, it can go either way. If you buy from a dealer, make sure it is a reputable one and one that has probably been around awhile and looks like they will stay around awhile!!

pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
I bought my whole system online and plan on buying more online. I have yet to have a problem with it. The Eclipse sub i bought was about 200 less than what my local dealer sells them for.
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic