icon

Dodge Neon alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ready247 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2004 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
ok ....Rumor is that the 03 neon i have has a factory alarm that the dealer needs to activate. they claim they know nothing about this. The car has keyless entry  and panic feature on the key fob, when you lock the doors with the remote the parking lights flash and the horn sounds. The owners manual talks about this factory alarm and shows an indicator light on the insterment cluster. which i can see on this light. my question is who is right, how can i verfiy this information.
hawkinstaller02 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
lock the door, wait a few min. then unlock the door through the open window, (dont use the switch) see if an alarm goes off
Did that work???????
-Installer-
jfk51502003 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
UMMM...IT WOULDNT WORK IF WHAT HES SAYING AS FAR  DOING THE LOCK THE DOOR AND REACHING IN AND OPENING DOOR AND SEEING IF THE FACTORY ALARM GOES OFF...I KNOW THIS IS HOW YOU CHECK VEHICLES W/ FACTORY SECURITY (GOOD STARTING POINT THOUGH) ...SAYING THAT,READY247 BELIEVES IT HAS TO BE ACTIVATED FIRST...OR AT LEAST WHAT HE HAS HEARD...I AM CURIOUS ALSO IVE HEARD OF COMPANIES DOING THIS AT DEALERSHIPS AND ACTIVATING OR DE-INSTALL AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE(KARR TO BE EXACT)...MAYBE THIS IS WHAT WAS SAID....REGAURDLESS DEF. INTERESTED IN THE ANSWER/OUTCOME...?
jcap 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2004 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  

i work at a dodge dealership. to find out if your vec have factory alarm . you can get a any dealership to run a fuction on the chrsyler computor with the vin number on your vec. this will tell you if the vec your have is equip with factory. if the vec have factory alarm there is no need to avtive it. to test if your your have factory alarm . use your key fob to lock the door , then close the door .you should  see a red light on your cluster starting to blink  fast about 5 times . then the light blink slowly the alarm is set. then unlock your the from the inside . the vec alarm park light will flash and honk will go off. i hope this will help you out.

jcap

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic