icon

Matrix RS2 Siren Tone Sequence

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oreo lover 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  

Is there any way to get this siren to simply sound ON and OFF.  I don't like the way it goes thru all the different tones and noises like a dying cat who was just run over by a car.  WEEEEEOOOooo  WEEEEEOOOooo  bbllllLLLLLOOOOPPP   bbllllLLLLLOOOOPPP   BBBIINNNNGGGGG   BBBOONNNNGGGGG.

Please tell me I can change this annoying sound to a regular Police style siren.

hawkinstaller02 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
Some alarms you can program to you own sound, dei for example. Or, get a siren from a police car, and wire it to your alarm.   
Did that work???????
-Installer-
oreo lover 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
I think the brain relays the information to the siren for the sound, no?  I don't think the siren has any effect on what tones are produced.  Am I right?
hawkinstaller02 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
If you just wire the siren to the batt. what kind of tones does it make??
Did that work???????
-Installer-
x6369x 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
If you open the siren, you'll see 6 traces on the circuit board (labeled 1-6), and each is the corresponding siren sound.
Listen to the siren and decide which sounds you want, then cut the traces of the sounds you don't want.
Friends Don't Let Friends Bump Stock.
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
DEI sirens get a trigger from the brain and the siren generates the different sounds.  you can cut the little loops on the back of the siren to delete different sounds.
MECP certified installer
oreo lover 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  

Cool!

The siren does have 6 sounds.  Can I jump 12V to the individual traces to produce the different sounds?  Just to make sure I am not cutting the wrong trace, or is the order that they play actually the order that is numerically labeled?

x6369x 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
oreo lover wrote:

Cool!

The siren does have 6 sounds.  Can I jump 12V to the individual traces to produce the different sounds?  Just to make sure I am not cutting the wrong trace, or is the order that they play actually the order that is numerically labeled?

The only way to hear the sounds is to power up the acutal red and black wire of the siren. And yes, sound 1 = trace 1, etc ...
oreo lover 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
I understand the trace issue now.  One question though.  Cutting 5 traces and leaving one will only allow the siren to produce one tone or sound.  The brain does not know the siren's traces have been severed and will continue to send pulses to try to change the sounds.  What will happen?  Will the single trace that is left cease to sound during the 5 other cycles or will the brain's pulses simple be ignored by the siren?  Do I cut the pulse trace also?  If so, which trace is the pulse trace?
x6369x 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm sends out pulses on arm/disarm and sends out a constant pulse during alarm. The actual siren controls the changing of the tones. The siren will play the sounds for 5 sec each of whatever traces are uncut. If you have 3 tones/traces left, the siren will play the 3 sounds and then start again for the siren alarm length (default=30 sec).
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic