icon

clutch switch wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MLesch 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2004 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a zemco ZT-9 CC in my 4-runner, I instaled the brake wires correctly and I replaced the clutch stop bolt with another brake switch, then I wired the two switches in together(hot from the brakes to the hot side of the clutch switch, and cold from the brakes to the cold side of the clutch switch)now both the brake and the clutch shut off the cruse control, but the problem is that the now cultch now activates the brake lights. anyone know of a differnt way to wire the clutch switch?
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2004 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
You can use this switch with the addition of a relay.   Leave the hot or battery side connected to the switch. Connect the other switch wire to terminal #86 and terminal #30 of a relay. Connect terminal #85 of the relay to ground. Cut the wire from the cruise control that goes to the switched side of the brake switch (brake pedal one) and connnect the brake switch side to terminal #87a. Connect the other cut side of the wire to terminal #30. This will disengage the cruise with either depressing the clutch and brake. It won't cause the brake lights to illuminate with the clutch though.
sparky
fredisfound 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2004 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged  
this is a very common prob in Aus. but it has a simple answer, does your cruise wiring have a brown wire int the harness to the stalk controller?
MLesch 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2004 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
sparkie do you know where I can get a relay, I tried a few auto parts stores but I couldnt find anything.
fredisfound yes it does.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2004 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
Radio Shack should sell relays. Ask for a automotive relay SPDT. Most electronic parts stores will also sell them. They are only a few dollars or so.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic