icon

turbo timer interface with viper

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2002 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
hi guys im new to the forumm i think its a great sight you have hear but i got a question im working on my friends car now he has a turbo timer installed for those who are not familliar what a turbo timer is it keeps the motor running with out the key for a preset time to cool the turbos in the car. now heres the problem i need to put a viper 550 in the car but what happens is the alarmn will not arm cause it see the ignition still on so for that prewset time the doors will be unlokeed and the alarm wont be on so i need to know how to isolate the alarm from the turbo timer so that it arms even thought the engine is running and that it stays armed when the engine times out and shuts off please any thoughjt i would apreciate thanks
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2002 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  

oh yeah on ething i forgot to add when i set the alarm for aarmed while driving it works fine till the motor shuts off then then even if i had it for passive arming being that the car was running and noone was in the car the doors will never be opened to trigger thepassive arming im stumped help please thanks

Thinkster 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2002 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  

Sounds like you need some logic control and a couple relays.  I assume the turbo timer has some sort of output while it is on which you could use to trigger a relay to disconnect the ignition lead going to the alarm.   Then you would need another relay wired N/O to ground to momentarily be triggered to fool the alarm into thinking the door was opened then closed.   To accomplish this, with the information you have given,  I would say you would need to build a little electronic circuit to handle the logic and control the relays.

tonechi 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2002 at 4:57 AM / IP Logged  

Ok mobiletoys2002,

So what u want to do is to be able to activate your alarm whilst the turbo timer is still running, correct.

Well there are a few ways of doing this, first way is;

Get the ignition sense wire of the alarm, the wire that goes to ignition while crank, the same wire as the turbo timer is hooked onto which feeds 12vt to the ignition to keep the car running. Cut the ignition sense wire of the alarm off the ignition wire from the car. Get this wire and yourself a SPDT relay, which is a 5pin with N/C and N/O points. Now go back to the car and use a test light and find the ACC wire, the one that turns on your radio etc but not ignition. Hook up the ignition sense wire that u cut off to the common pin on your relay which is pin 30, now hookup a wire from ACC to pin 87a of relay, now find constant 12v+  and hook up a wire from there to pin 87 of relay, then look for your starter crank wire, ie. 12v+ when you start car, hook up a wire from this to 85 or relay and then 86 goes to earth (-).

What u are doing here is, you are actually making your previous ignition sense wire going from ignition to ACC, the only reason why it is hooked up to ignition while crank because this wire does not drop out when u crank and will not disturb the alarm. You are going through a relay to make normal ACC, which usually drops out on crank to ACC while crank. I have done this many times to vehicles. This is the best way of doing it.

However, u can also do it another way. Get yourself a some high current diodes and get that ignition wire your turbo timer and alarm ignition wire goes to and cut it in half. Fit this diode  inline with that wire with the silver band facing away from the key barrel, ie so current flows out from the key barrel. Hookup your ignition sense alarm wire to the side closest to the key barrel (the other side of the silver band) and then hookup your turbo timer 12v+output wire to the silver band side, this will work as well but have found that sometimes the diode crap themselves and then it wont work.

See how u go mate

Cheers Tony

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic