icon

Clifford Disarm Chirps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yelloboi1 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2004 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  

I have a Clifford RSX 3.5 installed in my car. After installing it, I decided to test the alarm by deliberately triggering the various sensors (door and shock). Now, everytime I disarm, instead of chirping twice, it chirps four times and constantly tells me (on the pager) that the door and shock sensor was triggered. Does anyone know how I can reset this? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

moskillz2 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2004 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
What kind of car is it? Does it have a delayed dome light? I had the same alarm installed on my 2001 ford f-150 and it did the same thing. It was because i had a delayed dome light which would stay on for a short time after the doors were closed (incase you needed to work in the back of the truck). If the dome light was on it would think one of the doors was open when i locked it (giving the four chirps and paging the remote with the door icon). If i locked it after the dome turned off it would arm fine.
hope this helps
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2004 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
It should reset when you turn on the ignition. Is the remote start portion working? Try arming the alarm and starting it with the key and see if it turns over.
yelloboi1 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2004 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  

moskillz2:

it's on a '97 Toyota Supra, and I don't think it has the dome light delay like you said. Anyhow, I armed it about a minute after closing the door (domelight went out immediately as I shut the door). That's no problem. It doesn't chirp again letting me know a "door is open". It's when I disarm it. It seems to not reset the alerts that tell you that your alarm went off when you were gone. I triggered the sensors about a week ago and It constantly reminds me of it. However, if I pull the fuse for a minute, the alarm works fine, until a sensor is triggered.

JWorm:

The car has a manual tranny, and I opted not to activate the remote start feature, knowing I usually leave the car in gear when I park it most of the time. =) When I put it together, I didn't conect 3 harnesses. I believe one is the remote start ribbon harness, the heavy gauge relay satellite wires, and the remote start harness (H3). I just got the correct starting system wiring diagram, so I have yet to install the heavy gauge wires which I'm planning to do later on today when I get off work. Correct me if I'm wrong, but could leave the remote start harnesses if I didn't want remote start?

yelloboi1 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2004 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  

moskillz2:

it's on a '97 Toyota Supra, and I don't think it has the dome light delay like you said. Anyhow, I armed it about a minute after closing the door (domelight went out immediately as I shut the door). That's no problem. It doesn't chirp again letting me know a "door is open". It's when I disarm it. It seems to not reset the alerts that tell you that your alarm went off when you were gone. I triggered the sensors about a week ago and It constantly reminds me of it. However, if I pull the fuse for a minute, the alarm works fine, until a sensor is triggered.

JWorm:

The car has a manual tranny, and I opted not to activate the remote start feature, knowing I usually leave the car in gear when I park it most of the time. =) When I put it together, I didn't conect 3 harnesses. I believe one is the remote start ribbon harness, the heavy gauge relay satellite wires, and the remote start harness (H3). I just got the correct starting system wiring diagram, so I have yet to install the heavy gauge wires which I'm planning to do later on today when I get off work. Those chirps should be back to normal after I install the heavy gauge wires, which I think one goes to the ignition, right? I hope so. I'll find out later and keep you posted. Correct me if I'm wrong, but could leave the remote start harnesses if I didn't want remote start? Thanks.

sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
you have to have the remote start harnesses wired up.  the brain will not see the ignition rest if you dont, and you wont be able to enter programming.  if you dont want to use the remote start feature, just dont ground the BLACK/ white wire located in the harness with the tach, brake, and hood input wires.
MECP certified installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic