icon

test for bad dei unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Trixiem 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2004 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

So i'm installing a rattler 369D on my brothers integra. I get alll the way to the end, minus the clutch bypass. Everything works, including the RS(assuming i step on the clutch). I go inside to solder a relay for the clutch bypass leaving everything plugged in. When i come out nothings working, the status LED doesn't responde to the programming switch. I check all the power wires with a DMM and everything is still soldered and connected. So my only question is this, how do i know if i blew the unit? can i take it to a DEI dealer and have them test it? would there be any fuses associated with the unit working. As far as i can tell the unit is getting power but for some reason its not responding to the remote / programming switch. Thanks in advanced

-kenny

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
are you checking the power as it enters the main unit??
you can give it a smell...you should be abe to smell if the unit is fried....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Trixiem 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

yup no smell, no signs of frying on the inside. The power was test at the end of the plug(brain side) on top of that the programming switch(which is negative trigger) does put out a voltage when the car is on, and does respond when i push it(voltage wise). Is there ways of reseting the alarm?

-kenny

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
not that i know of....you can try to D/C the power for a few seconds and see if that works....or pull the unit and bench test it with a 12 volt power source. you can use a car battery if you dont have any thing else....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
go to a shop with a bitwriter.
MECP certified installer
jfk51502003 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2004 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  

bit-writer will work...did you dis-connect the clutch by-pass...?

i know you said it worked before you did that part of the install...personally i would dis-connesct and see what i got...just me though

ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2004 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  

hi check all connection especcilay power and ground for cold solder joints had one that worked and then stopped working spent hours on it then found cold solder joint should have used the K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid) method of trouble shooting

good luck
kirk
ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2004 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  

hi check all connection especcilay power and ground for cold solder joints had one that worked and then stopped working spent hours on it then found cold solder joint should have used the K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid) method of trouble shooting try checking valet swqitch in case you bumped it accidentilly

good luck
kirk

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic