icon

jl 300/4

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2004 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  

what are you guys opinions on this amp?? i want it to power 2 sets of infinity kappa 5x7 running off of a higher end alpine xXXXXX older model dont know numbers though : (....i heard it on the kappas at the local shop im just wondering if i should get it or get an equally powered eclipse b/c these are the two im really pushin to... i want SQ and some good midbass.....what kind of wire should i use for this if i get it?... do i NEED a distro block?? or can i just run it straight from the batt?? 2 wires i mean....

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 16, 2004 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
You can run a separate fused wire if you add this amp, but a better installation would be to upgrade the one wire if it is necessary.  When you think about it, you'll be tearing out everything that was removed to put the first wire through.  Two wires running from the battery might be clumsy.  Is that JL amp 300 watts?  That would be an 8 gauge, but if you are going to do the wire upgrade and use the distro block, add the fuses for both amps to find the wire size.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
flatulatta 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2004 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

yea its 300w... my prob is i NEED a 4g for my sub amp b/c my cousin has the same on an 8g wire and the sub doesnt push the same power...and i dont feel like laying 2g down to run both 4 and 8g from a distro..... so i figured it would be easier to run a sperate wire... i was jw if it would be aprob on say the electircal system i would gues not....k.... thanks for the wiring A... now to what i intended this post for the amp...

dcgc 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 300/4, been using for about 1 1/2 years. No problems what so ever.
I first started out using this amp for four channels, I now have it bridged for only my front components. Kinda wish I would have bought the 300/2 instead.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  

I'm sure it is a great amplifer, as is an Xtant, Eclipse PA series, I have used and will recommend the Eclipse PA5422, it is a fine amplfier, as is the JL Audio.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
flatulatta 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  

what about the eclipse you have listed the jl 300/4 and the alpine mrv-f540 which would you recomend as im sure you have seen all of these

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  

The mrv-f540 is just way to much power, i think the JL will make you very very happy.

What amp do you have for your subs?  Im shure you will be fine splitting your 4 guage wire close to your sub amp to 8 guage.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
flatulatta 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
ive got a jbl 600.1 my cousin has the same amp on 8g and everytime the bass hits the lights on the amp go out like they arent getting enough power...so i wanna stay w/4 g
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
Yes that amp needs 4 gauge power cable definitely. Tell you cousin to switch to 4 gauge also.
flatulatta 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
yea he is... ive already told him to..... it def sounds diff from mine 2 b/c we hooked his subs up 2 mine and they are a ton louder on mine
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic