icon

Pure SPL Amp’s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
septicdeath 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2004 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

Its that time again, I have upgraded my system and so it is all out of the expedition in the garage. I already have started glassing the enclosure for the (3) RockFord Fosgate 3112's. Each sub is getting 2.5cuft (true, after displacement) and turned to 38. The amp rack had to be removed and wont fit anymore, so my old limitation on amp size is out the window. CURRENTLY I have 2 RF modded BD1000.1 stapped together with the circuitry protect removed. I estimated that it was giving about 725 watts to each sub when the enclosure presented itself to the amps as a 3ohm load.

Since the enclosure created such a problem fitting into the expedition with the old amp rack, I never got to hear what the two bd1000's would have done with the subs, but I do know that I was on the small/under side of power for the speakers. I am SERIOUSLY thinking of giving the enclosure 2 TypeRF X7's strapped or 2 bd1501's strapped, although I am willing to listen to anyone who can give me a 1200.00 dollar or less (ebay acceptable) replacement option. I listen to Slayer, KORN, Pantera, and like I told my installer, I'm looking for something to destroy all those little jap cars running Little John at the street corner. SPL most deff over sq( I did by RF subs didnt I, ahahah).

I know all the audiophiles on this site really could care less about yet another menace to society, but at least is good ol Thrash im listening too, not rap. Really want to a laugh? 85% of the time I listen to country, dont know where my music likings came from but they are all over the place, a little jazz, a little thrash, a little country, a little classic rock, even some classic piano at times. Anyways, I allways get the best recomendations from here, so please let me know... Thanks..

John

One_Evil_Necro 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
Arc Audio 900.1, Zapco 1100, Xtant1001...
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
 Phoenix Gold Ti1200.1- I also like the Zapco and especially Xtant- I'm running one of their amps now- very clean. 
You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
septicdeath wrote:
... I'm looking for something to destroy all those little jap cars running Little John at the street corner. SPL most deff over sq( I did by RF subs didnt I, ahahah).
I know all the audiophiles on this site really could care less about yet another menace to society, but at least is good ol Thrash im listening too, not rap. Really want to a laugh? 85% of the time I listen to country, dont know where my music likings came from but they are all over the place, a little jazz, a little thrash, a little country, a little classic rock, even some classic piano at times. ...
John
No matter what the music, a little bass or even alot of bass never hurts. And I'm getting a little tired of hearing Little John blaring out of every lowered Civic and Accord I see myself. And I like rap!    
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   Pure SPL Amp’s -- posted image.
Silverciv 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
arc, zapco, us amps
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
You need to move here, you would fit right in.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
septicdeath 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks, I ended up picking up (2) Memphis MOJO's...

I dont think I will be looking for a mono block anytime soon...

Now the newest question. Should I wire sub1coil1, sub2coil1, sub3coil1 to one mojo and the other to sub1coil2, sub2coil2, and sub3coil2 to the other mojo.. (.75 load to each MA)

hahahahha now Im getting a little crazy, but I might do it... the subs are RF 3112's...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic