icon

multiple subwoofers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
demond96 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2002 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
I have three DVC sub's, with three kenwood 300w amplifiers. I currently have them set up bridged. The sub's have the common terminals connected, in an open faced, no ports box. In an ford explorer, this sounds great but my question is, are there any other wiring configurations to lower the ohms. what would be the best choice, a cap or another battery.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2002 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
i dont understand your question about the best choice cause yuy never said why you need a cap or abattery a cap will only strengthen and clean up the bass when it hits hard where as a battery will only let you play your radio longer whilke the car is off now if you are having a problem with your curent to the amp while the car is running then u may need a bigger alternator but if thats the problem a cap will nopt do it  or abattery post back and tell why you want a battery or a cap be specific good luck
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2002 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

You never said what OHM subs you have......guessing that you are powering with 3 amps someone ran you for all the money you had......guessing you have (3) 4 ohm subs......you can bridge 1 of them on one channel of one amp......and wire the other 2 subs in series to keep the 4 ohm load...aka.....postive from amp to postive sub 1 neg sub 1 to pos sub 2   neg sub 2 to neg on amp.......then you can be bridged on the other channel on the one amp you are using for the other sub.......let me know your impedence on the subs or # of channel's on amp if this dosent solve your prob....seel the other amps and buy your battery or cap that you really shouldnt need when your running one amp....

Jeffchilcott@yahoo.com

2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic