icon

TV tuners

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zadam123 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2004 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  

I am looking to get a in dash TV/DVD?MP3 unit and was wondering if it is worth getting one with a  TV tuner. I really like the AVIC N1 but it dont come with a tv tuner. I was told that they are all a pieve of junk and reception is really bad.

any one here have the tuner and does reception work well? anotherwords is it worth the extra few hundred?

also i am getting a hell of a deal on the N1 ( about 1400) but no install, is this a really complicated unit to install?

thanks

adam

ODLeon 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2004 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
your getting a great deal on the avic. i got mine for $1515 of ebay. its esay to install. the hardest part is where to place the brain and finding a good place for the gps antenna so it gets a good signal. took me 30 min to install.the brain has to be placed flat and facing in a certain direction so the speed and direction can be measured. as for the tv tuner, look on ebay. in my experience most tv tuners are about the same. you get good signals sometimes. also, if you want the camera get any small car cam of ebay, since the pioneer one is like $250 and is basically the same thing. it hooks up to the brain with rca's.
laterz
tonyIrv 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2004 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  

I recently had an overhead install in my truck. It came with a TV tuner and an amplified antenae. To put it mildly, the reception sucks. It does an decent job on 20, 45, 50 but thats about it. Some people might have better luck. I live 12 miles from DC.

Anthony

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic