icon

xbox installation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zargon 
Copper - Posts: 186
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2004 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
we have installed many ps2, this wasour first x-box installed, besides the fact that it is very large we got it installed and working, our problem is that with the power invertor running there is noisein the picture, we are using a pioneer 6600-dvd and a directed 0hv8 flipdown rear monitor, plug the playstation into the wall everything works fine, we have move the invertor purchased from wal-marts changed ground location ran rcas around the car to avoid noise, and yet it is still there, even went and purchased a different invertor that was larger than the first, no luck, let me know if you have worked this out.
zargon ruler of estranorth
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2004 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
I get interference from it in my house to my stereo- have it on top of one of the speakers.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
jaxon23 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2004 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
here is another guy on my eclipse message forum with thehttp://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123071 same trouble
WillTS 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2004 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
is there a transformer inside the xbox, what voltage does it kick it down to, maybe you could make your own custom supply. Just a thought.
Will              Just my $00.02
97 Chevy K1500 5.7L w/ Clifford Matrix RS2
BTW I am not a professional(well at procrastination maybe)
Be Gentle, I'm new to this :-)
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2004 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
try a larger (higher wattage) power inverter. x-box pulls more current than pos... ps2* sorry.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
godsegoizhuge 
Copper - Posts: 214
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
i've ran an xbox and a 5.6" monitor in my old car w/o any problems. but like pimp said....try switching to a bigger power invertor. I used the one that was recommended to run a laptop with, since the xbox is like the samething minus the screen.
Manoftools 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
The guys have it right... you can run a PS2 with a mere 300 watt, but the xbox needs at least a 450 watt inverter.  At least from my experiences, I have always needed a much larger invertor for xboxs.
zargon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2004 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
if you were in our our problem with noise in our video system then you may be interested in the outcome. we had a pioneer 6600 dvd with a directed 8" rear flip down monitor and with the power invertor on we had audio and video noise in the system, plug the x-box into the wall and the noise was gone. I had pressure on me the other day because we were on a dead line to be done,the car left and came back several days later and here is how we solved it. we wanted dual zone for this install and was using the pioneer for it, but the rear monitor also had dual zone so i ran the signal from the x-box into the directed monitor first and the noise was gone, and we still had dual zone, the only thing you could not do is watch the video game up front while watching a movie in the rear, you can watch the movie up front and do the video game in the rear, were not going to complain, thanks for your help.
zargon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2004 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
we started with a 175watt and then increased to a 350 watt and still had the noise we got rid of it when we ran the video into the directed video monitor first, then the noise was gon even with the 175watt invertor, x-box specs say 120 watts consumption.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic