Confusing Electric Current Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eblend 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2004 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  

Hello

I will try to explain this the best i can..it might be a little confusing.

Okay, well my alarm doesn't have a ground when running to activate a passlock module...okay thats fine, ppl here helped me solve that problem...but there is a problem now...my stupid alarm has IG1 and ACC hooked up to the same pin...basicly 2 wires into one connection. So here is the picture of what i have..the 2 relays are to have that ground when running to activate passlock.

[img]http://www3.telus.net/eblend/Car/Alarm/rs.jpg[/img]

now my big big problem is this....was it not for the acc wire, my passlock would only turn on when the rs is giving it power thought those relays and would not turn it on if it was with the key as the signal would not make it back to the RS.....BUT!.....because this stupid ACC wire is connected to the same wire as IG1 on the RS....basicly...when i put the key in the current flows from my cars ACC wire into the ACC wire on the RS....but since ACC and IG1 are connceted together it provides power to the relays....WHICH I DON"T WANT!...so i thought i could solve it by putting a diode across the ACC wire......and when i tried that....and start the car with the key the RS does not recognize the fact that the car is started....because i guess it needs to sense current coming from the ACC or IG1 wire to determine that the car is running...but because of the diode it would not sense it and therefore would automatically arm and close doors after 30 seconds (this is the setting of the alarm)...so basicly...my alarm needs to know that the car is running...without giving power to the relay packs....i don't know how possibly this could be done...as i need the IG1 wire from the RS to feed current to power the relay packs...but i don't need the ACC wire which is connected to the same IG1 wire to to feed the current to power the packs but has to go all the way back to the RS to sence the car is running. I guess here is a breif summery

1. With remote start

2. With key

1. Remote start car--->relays turn on-->passlock 2 bypass turns on---> everything is fine (once i get the resistance right on the bypass)

2.Key start car--->power goes to ACC wire (WHICH IS CONNECTED TO IG1 on RS) which goes to RS to sense car is running and disable alarm features--->HOWEVER, since the IG1 and ACC are connceted...this current also turns and goes to the relays to turn them on---->because relays are turned on passlock bypass turns on--->this causes TWO passlock signals (one from the key and one from the bypass) when key starting--->this causes SECURTY light to come on because of improper resistance due to key and passlock at the same time.

Anyone PLEASE HELP! i am so lost! spend last 2 days trying to figure it out!

sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2004 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  

that was a lot of reading and i didnt even make it like 3 lines in.

if you want the accy and ign to be seperate, dont use one of them.  wire a relay off of one or off the (-) activation (if you have off board relays for the RS circuit).  i dont know if thats what you are talking about but maybe it will spark an idea.  you can also use a relay as a diode.  if you want a circuit to stay on with the relay off use terminals 87a and 20 to make a circuit, when the relay activates it breaks the circuit.  maybe you could use 2 relays in that fashion.  if you want to create a circuit when the relay is on, use 87 and 30.  you could use a relay that energizes off the ign only or something that breaks the ground out wire.  it can be done.

sounds like a DEI brain would work well here.  they have like 5 status/ground out when running wires these days.

MECP certified installer
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2004 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
What make and model of remote start are you using?
eblend 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2004 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  

I dunno...its some stupid BMW2WAY alarm made by Nitro....go figure....looks cool....but stupid as hell in everything else....but can't return and got to get it working...everything works other the the start

and sroth140...thanks for the input, but i think i will figure it out eventually hehe

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic