icon

Aussie, ford au wiring harness

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
harry hey 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2004 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  

I need to install a philips model - 79RC600/10  -  CD player into a ford 1999 AU, I don't want to destroy my "OEM " harness. I have seen on the net a harness adaptor made by  AERPRO international  - model  APP503 - But have been told it's been recalled.

Failing that a wiring diagram of the OEM harness colour codes"? Link would be fine.

THANKS in advance  Aussie, ford au wiring harness - Last Post -- posted image. Harry Hey

audioconnection 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2004 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  

why not try one of thier other plugs for that car and just cut off the bit you dont need??   if it helps its the same as a METRA harness i forget the part number but it fits most fords with premium sound after 2000.

remember...Friends Dont let friends Install, Take it to a pro..
harry hey 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  

That sounds logical but i was trying my best to stay away, from that "SOLDERING PATH " not like the "PRO" who wanted to cut n solder and hide it all behind my headset . All for the bargain price of $120 ---until he finds problemsAussie, ford au wiring harness - Last Post -- posted image. ( mind you i'm talking headset installation only no kits nuttin )  speakers at them prices are staying OEM  --- oh and 1/2 a spool of solder, never knew that stuff was nudging gold prices lol. Guess some pros ain't heard of them "adaptors"

Thanks Aussie, ford au wiring harness - Last Post -- posted image. Harry hey

ps -  hope my rantings don't offend anyone --- just my views from the outside looking inAussie, ford au wiring harness - Last Post -- posted image.

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
Have a look at www.installdr.com to see if the harness arangement for your vehicle or a similar Ford vehicle is listed there.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
harry hey 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

The last  "mating end connector " on the page looks like mine, I'm now waiting on the adapator from aerpro, hopefully that will end my problems.

Thanks RobAussie, ford au wiring harness - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic