Pioneer Stereo System Setup Info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Madaz_Mazda_323 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2004 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone...
Im a real newb when it comes to car stereo systems.. so i was hoping some of you friendly folks can help me out.
I have recently aquired an 86' Mazda 323 with a nice sound system in it...
but it is not setup correctly.
The system consists of:
Pioneer Premier Series KEX-M800 Head Unit
Pioneer EQ-6500 Equilizer
2x Pioneer GM-H120 4Channel Bridgeable Amplifiers
Which then lead to 2x 4" Kenwood Front Speakers, 2x Sony 6x9 Rear Speakers and a Kenwood 10" Subwoofer.
My problem is that #1, You can hardly hear the front speakers, even when the balance is 100% towards the front and the volume is on full, and #2, there is alot of static in the system.
Now, i was wondering if you could please suggest the best way to re-wire this system. Like, what should i plug into each sub and where should i use the bridging and so on. I think the reason for the static is most probably the speaker wires running along beside the positive wires so there is a bit of interference, so that may be easy to fix.
I do not have any of the manuals for the amps, head or equiliser.
Thanks in advance
*Silbo*
audioconnection 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  

ok right....first off you cant get any audible noise through the speaker wires. the only time you worry about that is before the amp such as signal cables. (rca's)

check to see if the front speakers are run off the amp or the head uit..and make sure the wires are at no piont shorted to the chasis or together.

to try and get rid of at least some of the static...look for the "gains" on the amps...it may say "input level" and turn them all the way down, now with some fairly clear music playing turn the radio almost all the way up.  then slowly turn up each gain until you get mild distortion or the static comes back and then back it off a bit.

if this doesnt fix most of if not all the static...check to see where the ground (earth) is attached to the car chasis and make sure it is a good, clean connection.

remember...Friends Dont let friends Install, Take it to a pro..
audioconnection 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  

hope i helped

btw, you wouldnt be anywhere near perth would you??

remember...Friends Dont let friends Install, Take it to a pro..
Madaz_Mazda_323 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks... i think it is the RCA's that are running along side of the positive cable.
Instead of using gain on the Amps... which they dont have... will the Equilizer do the same thing? I think the Amps are just power amps. This system is about 10 Years old.
Im in Sydney actually.... so im closer to Perth than others... lol

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic