the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

SQ/ SPL system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
(Dave agrees with Steven) I am using Morel MW-162's in the doors (55 bux each), and Infinity Ribbon Tweeters (tha old school kind... narrow and tall, not those round turds of today) I found those for 100 bux each in a stereo shop here in Bakersfield three years old, NIB! crossed at 3500, and bi-amped with 370 to each 6, and 55 to each tweeter, and I have always loved the speed and articulation the combo has provided me through the years. I am going to go to a three way system in the doors, soon, tho, 'cause I think there is a bit of a dip in my sound power around the crossover point... But I digress... You do not have to spend TONS of cash to get EXCELLENT sound, but just always be certain to listen to whatever you are thinking about buying, and don't let the salesguy play what HE thinks sounds good. Take some of your own source material, something you know well, and make sure it sounds like YOU want it to sound.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
I mean 100 bux for the pair... sorry
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
ashokn225 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  

yeah thats true guys.....the focals are about 400 and thats not too bad for a set of the best sounding speakers i have ever heard in my life ( I just heard them today and I am comparing them to my dads $4000 B&W home speakers which I feel arent as good as my $400 focals) so im happy with them

they were hooked into up into a Xtant amp so im sure the zapco will sound as good in not better ( the store did not retail in zapco)

dayyummmmm MY SYSTEM IS GONNA BE SO HOTTTTTTTTTTTTT

lol

thanks and later guys

BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
FOCAL subs or FOCAL home theater speakers?
and those FOCALS are used for SQ right?
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
ashokn225 was talking about his Focal component set he is getting compared to his dad's B&W home speakers that are $4000. Notice in his post that it says his Focal speakers were connected to an Xtant amp (which you cannot use at home).
ashokn225 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
right customsburb....thanks for clarifying that forme man...thats exactly right
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic