Adire Koda Subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  

http://adireaudio.com/StockProducts/raw_drivers.htm#KodaSub

I heard about them not too long ago, but the site hasn't posted anything...until i went there today. 

I think the price is a bit much for only a 300rms sub...but it has the XBL2 motor.  Steve K. you have any info on this new product? 

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  

Most definitely.

You really can't base your judgment on power handling.  The Koda's were designed to bring the SQ of the Brahma, but at a lower cost.  So we cut back on the excursion, and offered it as a much more efficient driver, hence the power handling.  But don't think of it as "it can't handle much power", but rather that "it doesn't need much power to get moving". 

I have to admit that I was kind of disapointed in it when I first saw the specs.  But when I finally heard it, I was very impressed.  It is a potent little sub.  I have heard it in both a .5 cubic foot enclosure, as well as a 1 cubic foot enclosure.  And I a borrowing one right now in my home theater at 1.2 cubes sealed.  It sounds great in all instances.  It definitely won't win any SPL competitions, but it does have enough output for most people out there.  My Brahma 10 destroys many 12" drivers in output capability (and some 15's as I proved once at a competition).  The Koda driver will keep up with a lot of these 12's in my opionion.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  

hmm...sounds interesting.  I might be wanting to upgrade from my old MB 12's i have.  What would be a good, yet inexpensive amp to power two koda 12's in a 1~1.2 cu. ft. sealed box that im making for my MB's- they have the same air space requirment, thats why im interested.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
Are those generic brand?
or are those top of the line like eclipse?
Never even heard of them
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  

BangBang wrote:
Are those generic brand?
or are those top of the line like eclipse?
Never even heard of them

If you are talking about the Koda subs, they are our middle line sub.  Our top of the line subs are our Brahma's.  I can guarantee you our drivers are not "generic". Adire Koda Subs -- posted image.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

sandt38 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2004 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
MAXST wrote:

I think the price is a bit much for only a 300rms sub...but it has the XBL2 motor.  Steve K. you have any info on this new product? 

You would need to hear XBL2 to understand it is worth the relatively low cost.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic