icon

clifford Intellistart question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flylife2k 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  

A local fitter told me that in order to fit the intellistart to my concept 600, he would have to cut open one of my coded keys to remove the immobiliser transmitter and premanently have it fitted near the ignition barrel.

Is this true????? Sounds a little out of the norm to me!

flylife2k 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2004 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  

Just to make it a little more clearer - the coded key is the actual vehicles key which is coded - nowadays most vehicle keys are coded.

scuba 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2004 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged  

could be possible

i know that toyota for example has an chip installed in his keys, when the lock (or the sensor behind the ignition) doesn't sees the chip it won't start. but you can easily try that yourselve, put a bit of aluminum foil over the key so that it's completly wraped in and try to start, if it doesn't it realy needs the transponder in the key to start and has your local fitter right...

audioconnection 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2004 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  

lour information is right that does need to be done. or he could use a bypass mod to temp bypass the transponder only during the remote start process so as to not have any problems when using your second key.

if you have any questions or want another opinion call jon @ PDS in Fenton, staffs @01782-744556

remember...Friends Dont let friends Install, Take it to a pro..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic