icon

aps996 install w/diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forgetsnet 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  

this is my first time installing an alarm like this, with remote start, and i'm having a bit of difficulty..

aps996 install w/diagram -- posted image.

so there's my basic layout where i'm having the problem, i'll try my best to explain it.. based on that wiring i'm getting +12v at the first relay (top) even when the alarm is armed, and never +12v  at the second relay's (bottom) 30 even when the alarm is disarmed.. according to my interpretation of the prestige manual, i think the wiring's all right, but it doesn't seem to be working.. hmm.. also, i can't program the alarm yet, seeing as it hasn't learned my tach, i'm ok with that i tried flipping the (remote start) switch off for now, as i can mess with the remote start function later, but as described before i still can't start the car because it gives me no 12v at the second relay's 30 under armed or disarmed and always 12v at the first relay's 30 no matter what.. also in the photo the little things in the middle of the relay's are the diodes, hopefully that'll help.. can anyone help me solve my wiring nightmare ??

forgetsnet 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
also i should add, at the second relay neither the green nor yellow wire ever show 12v under any conditions, i'm unsure why -- the manual doesn't describe how to make them.. though i know the yellow one isn't supposed to unless i try to remote start it.. anyone with knowledge of the alarm might be able to help me out.. also the blue wire shows +12v when at on/run and start, so it seems it's the orange wire which isn't ground at arm ?? at least i think so.. please someone help me out.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
sorry but ur post confuse the crap out of me. i never use two relays for those sort of things.
-what exactly are you trying to accomplish?
-you want to hook up a starter kill relay?
-or you want to hook up a antigrind relay?
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
forgetsnet 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

pardon, didn't mean to confuse, well, from the manual, the first relay is supposed to act as a basic starter kill as seen here --

connected to a normally open starter kill as seen here -- aps996 install w/diagram -- posted image.

connected to a normally open starter kill -- as seen here..

aps996 install w/diagram -- posted image.

i was under the impression you could use both when wiring an alarm, as my manual seems to indicate, but now i'm speculating that you're supposed to use one or the other, i'd just like to know, if anyone sees any fault in my wiring as to why i can't start the car (or has any knowhow of the prestige aps996) -- to help me troubleshoot..

forgetsnet 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
yeah what i'm trying to do is just hook up a starter kill for my car with the prestige aps 996, should i just use the orange wire, or the orange w/ white wire, and do a basic starter kill, or a normally open starter kill.. i was trying to use both at the same time, but something's wrong with my wiring, so i posted up the diagram i made of my wiring so that hopefull someone could tell me what i did wrong.
Raul Puente 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2004 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  

hey if your just trying to hook up a starter killjust do the basic you will be fine and i think it is the orange wire you usejust follow the direction and take your time.

got ? email me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic