icon

Alpine CDM-9821 Preout?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1 Lt. 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  

Im new at this but I think I have everything figured out. My only question is can I use this 'preout' on my HU to send the signal to my amp, powering the woofers, and then just use crossovers to gather the correct signal? I only ask because according to Alpine my HU, CDM-9821 can do only one of two things. The first is to power front and rear speakers, the second option is powering front speakers and subwoofers.

So with this preout can I power front and rear speakers and the subs?

boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
sure the preamp output will plug into your amp. Hopefully your amp or amps has a built in crossover.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
Just be shure to turn the subwoofer setting in your deck off.  then it will send full range signals, just now you can't use the sub boost and cut feature.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Manoftools 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  

1 Lt. wrote:

My only question is can I use this 'preout' on my HU to send the signal to my amp, powering the woofers, and then just use crossovers to gather the correct signal?

I dont understand your question about crossovers... but the only way that you can use that preout and amp subs and a 4 channel is by using splitters and splitting it.  I wouldnt recommend splitting out preout to six different channels.  So, use it for your subs and if you want to add a four channel I would get a radio with more preouts.

djMINIoompa 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
1 Lt. wrote:

Im new at this but I think I have everything figured out.

Really?

1 Lt. 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
So just to make sure I understand everybody. I can use the preout to send the signal to the woofers and plug my other speakers into the regular outs? Correct?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
Post up exactly what you have for equipment and how you want to wire it please.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
1 Lt. 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
My HU is an Alpine CDM-9821, my subs are two JL w0's powered by a JL monoblock 200w amp, I have two 3.5" Xplode XS-W3521 and down the road I want to install two 6x9" speakers for the rear. My problem is that according to Alpine my HU can only do one of two things. One is power the front speakers and subwoofers or power front and rear speakers. I want to power front, rear and send the signal to my sub amp.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
I own this deck. It only has one set of preamp outputs. So, if you had a 4 channel amp for your front and rear speakers and an amp for your sub you will need an external crossover. I know Audio Control and Crossfire make some nice ones. Try the Audio Control 2XS. The only problem with your deck is that you wont be able to fade between the front and rear speakers using its controls. I would personally just use an amp for your subs and power the interior speakers (at least for right now) off of the deck's internal amp (unless you have a good external amp that you really want to use).
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  

1 Lt. wrote:
My problem is that according to Alpine my HU can only do one of two things. One is power the front speakers and subwoofers or power front and rear speakers. I want to power front, rear and send the signal to my sub amp.

What they mean by that, is you can only do that if only using the rca outputs.  But you are still allowed to use the 4 channel internal amp, plus you can use the RCA output to send signals to your amp  power your subs.

So use the wires in the wire harness to power your speakers, , and then plug in some rca's to the back of the deck and connect it to your amp.  Just be shure to turn on your "subwoofer" in the set up of the deck.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic