Scanner Alarm L.E.D not flashing

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrdragon 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Hi guys,
I wanna to install a Scanner Alarm L.E.D in my car...this is what i did.
Firstly i connect the Red +12V to the Battery, then Black GRD, then lastly Blue Trigger (-) to Car Alarm. But when i turn the alarm on the L.E.D is not flashing, can someone guide me to solve the problems???
Cheers :)
desh187 
Copper - Posts: 310
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
Connect the blue wire to ground output when armed wire which would be (usually orange-starter disable)
If you have an immobilizer on your alarm,use 2- 1 amp diodes on this wire and isolate immobilizer from scanner.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2004 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
Just use a 9-volt battery to test it. Clip the red to (+) terminal and the black and blue to the (-) terminal. I installed one of those before and by the time I got all my wires run, one of the small guage wires broke off right at the solder point coming off the circuit board itself. So I had to open the case and solder it back to get it to work. Check to see if maybe that might have happened on yours because they are pretty fragile.
Once you know the scanner works then track down the Negative out only when armed output for your blue wire as desh187 said. To test that output use your DMM or test light. One end to +12volts and the other to the Negative out when armed wire.
Good Luck, Steve Scanner Alarm L.E.D not flashing - Last Post -- posted image.
mrdragon 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2004 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
desh187 is "blue wire to ground output " same as Blue Trigger (-)???
Sorry guys i still don't understand....???
Cheers :)
desh187 
Copper - Posts: 310
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2004 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
No that is for hood and trunk protection.You need to find the wire that will have a ground output when armed.
Does your alarm have an immobilizer?if yes locate the immobilizer relay which should have a wire coming from alarm module to this relay.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic