icon

TFT-LCD monitors, which is the best?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Phenz 
Copper - Posts: 48
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  

Hi guys. This is my first post, and I must say, from what I have read so far, this site is excellent! There is alot of great information, which hase all been very useful.

I just purchased and finished installing a brand new Pioneer DVH-P5000MP (no monitor), and a 12 disc cd changer. Thanks to the info I have found here on this site, installation was pretty easy.

This was after upgrading from my previous system which consisted of a Pyle 5" in dash lcd am/fm/tv tuner. I had the Pyle system for over a year, but it did not meet my expectations. I did purchase a separate PYLE 5" lcd monitor, but must say it is junk. It turned out to be a regular lcd screen, not TFT, and image is mainly black, no matter how much I adjust the color.

I am in the market to purchase 3 monitors (TFT of course): one for the sunvisor, and 2 for the headrests. Can anyone please  advise me what the best brand of monitors is, and where I can purchase them at the best price???? I have been looking at some Farenheit models, but was also told yesterday by someone that Performance Teknique is supposedly the best. Can anyone please help me go in the right direction?

I have been disappointed in the past with products from Pyle, and do not wish to make the same mistakes. I would like something in approx. 6" scrrens for all three monitors.  Any help will be greatly appreciated! TFT-LCD monitors, which is the best? - Last Post -- posted image.

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2004 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
If your set on the best, and don't care about price, then alpine is your answer, they make the most amazing screens you will see.  Check them out.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Phenz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2004 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
Thx Alpine guy! I will check out what they have to offer. I already ordered a Farenheit sun visor monitor, and just need to get two headrest monitors to finish up my mobile system. Do you have any particular models you recommend?
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2004 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Whell, theres the TME-M770 touch screen 6.5", or the TME-M580 5.8" widescreen ,install kit is KTE-580V .  Thats this years models, , you will get last years for cheeper.  >> TME-M760 6.5", and the TME-M580 is still the same this year.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2004 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  

Personally I will take a pioneer screen over an alpine screen any day of the week, and I have sold both. I just prefer the pioneer screens and find them to have a better picture on them. Feature wise they are very similar and its not like the alpine screens are bad, they are far from it. I just think that the pioneer screens are better.

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Phenz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2004 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  

Thank you both for your suggestions.

Ravendarat, which pioneer model(s) would you recommend for a headrest installation? I know they offer a model that clamps on to the headrest bracket, but are there any that install into the headrest? And do you offer any suggestions as to where I can purchase them at a good price?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic