icon

Here's a story everyone will like!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
When it came time to replace the sound system in my wife's 4 runner she "wondered why I went through so much trouble" to get everything bolted down properly and to make everything almost invisible. I kept her factory head unit and changed out all her speakers and added an amp and sub. I did it really stealth like. I made a new floor to cover the amps, added fans to keep them cool, added support struts to add strength to the floor, made sub box in the passenger side panel for the sub (8 inch) and also made a cover for that. Everything is secured to the truck with carriage bolts and square head bolts. And also had a Clifford Arrow alarm installed as well. You could look in the back of my wife's truck right now and not see anything that doesn't seem to be factory. We can even pull the seats down and go to home depot!!!
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   Here's a story everyone will like! - Page 2 -- posted image.
alex75 
Copper - Posts: 134
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
You can never be too careful.  That sounds like a sweet install, impossible to steal!  Has someone tried to break in before of do you live in Compton?  just kidding!
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
Well no, we don't live in compton (although my wife has relatives that live there). And no ones tried to break into her car because she doesn't advertise and (along with my X5) it's garaged. She was actually fine with the way it sounded when I brought it home for her. The stock system literally had no bass at all. Since I drive it too, it had to sound good for me. So I did it. Took about 6 weeks to do completely.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   Here's a story everyone will like! - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic