icon

04 mustang mach system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zargon 
Copper - Posts: 186
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
has anyone out there worked with a mach system in a new mustang? here is how far we have gotten, weve mounted the pioneer dvd navigation system , we used a 580 wiring harness which has given us the speakers doing high pass, now there is another 8 pin harness which is controling the lows in the car, there is one bare wire and then three regular per cable of which there are two, we have had the idea to run rcas to these wires, but thought we would check here first..
zargon ruler of estranorth
zargon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
well i tried the rca's with no luck so i figured that maybe the signal was to week there so we jumped speaker out put to the 8 pin plug and it work but was very loud so now were off to wal-mart to buy a line level convertor, they were selling scosche convertor which had speaker in and speaker out, wish us luck it is getting late and the customers are waiting but still in a good mood. later.
zargon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
i will keep awnsering my own posts, we bought the piece from wal mart and it worked and then it didnt, i cant figure out if this system is common ground or not there are eight wires , were tired and lost and going to give up for tonight, if anyone has insight please let us know see ya.
evolutionoftym 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged  
the system shouldn't be common ground, cause I was workin on a Mach system the other day in a 03 convertible and the amps were located right behind the seat.......try finding the amps and going right from there.....
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
There is a special wire harness with RCA's on it, you just plug the harness into the car, and plug the rca's into the back of the deck, simple as that.  Metra makes one.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
zargon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the post jason, checked with metra and as of now they don't have one for the 04 mustang,thanks!!!
zargon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
ok,after talking with tech from many companies a very helpful person from PAC had a wiring diagram for a 02 460 mach system showing the same 8 pin harness as the one we have in the 04. it has a positive and negitive for low subwoofers and a positive and negitive for high suband then a high sub mute and a low sub mute, leaving two wires as sheilds. now the question is the mutes, are they to mute the output or what??the customer is coming back in tonight at 5:30 and we are going to try this again using the convertor from scosche. talkto later tonight and give you the progress.
vk51 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  

(note, I am using Best Kits and Harness part numbers for reference)

Well the new mach systems use a high level output from the deck with the crossovers in the deck for the tweeters.  You will want to use a BHA1800 wire harness hooked up traditionally, but you will want to hook up some type of bass blocker or capacitor on the positive speaker leads.

http://fototime.com/C8227923D7D9C04/standard.jpg

For, the larger speakers, the deck has a low level output to the factory amps with the crossover in the deck.  You will need a BHA5700 harness using only the small square plugged harness.  You will want to solder rca ends on the speaker wires using the negative for the shielding and the positive for the center pin.  The remote wire will also need to be hooked up with a 1,000 ohm resistor in line.  Plug the rca ends in to a non fading preout on the deck and make sure to turn on the low pass x-over in the deck for that preout.  If the headunit does not have a low pass crossover for the output, install a pair of fmods or something similar in line.  The last setup like this I did was with a  8v preout Eclipse which required a line level attenuator to match the levels.

http://fototime.com/C95BE5B893AFA56/standard.jpg

http://fototime.com/0692A2DC23625F6/standard.jpg

zargon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
thanks vk51 for your help, for anyone following along the bha 5700 plug does not work in this car,we will be working on this car tonight at 5:30 central time, the sub amps came on with signal we havnt hooked up any remote on wire.
mach1chris 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2004 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  

any update on how you solved this?  I'm about to do the same thing on my '04

Thanks,

Chris

P.S. I PM'd you too

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic