icon

battery for my amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bruno71088 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
i want to put a new battery in my trunk for my amps i was wondering what i have to do. Do i just take a 4 gauge positive wire and run it from one battery to the other or what?
dustin_parks79 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  

yes but i am going to be honest it is not going to help you much to add another bat. unless you incress on you altornator as well cause. you altornater is going to have trouble charging and keeping both battories charged more than likely depending on the (amps) of the altanator. if i were you i would just skip adding a new bat. and add a cap....short for (capacitor)

figure out how big your amp is and than what cap. you need for instance a 1000 watt amp would call for a 1.0 farad cap.
a 2000watt amp would call for a 2.0 farad cap....and to hook a cap up just run a hot wire from you bat. to the cap + than from the cap + to the amp.....than run a ground the the cap and a seperate ground to the amp (do not run the GROUND off the cap).

speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 5:33 AM / IP Logged  
a cap is not much help eather unless you have that ho alt.  get a high out put alt. then you can add a batt and or cap.
Big Dave
mikedawg 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
a cap makes a big difference. for every 500 watts you gotta have a .5 farad on there. dont get a battery until you got a high output alternator. and when you do get a battery, get an isolation kit. and make sure its dry cell so it wont leak into your interior.
always looking for new info and willing to give it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic