icon

Volfenhag

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dustin_parks79 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  

check it out i found a system today and i think it is a good deal, but i don't happen to know much about this brand (Volfenhag).

I was offered 2 brand new 15''  zx4715dvx sub woofers with a 1600 watt amp the zx7180 along with speekers to fit my ford mustang the 6 1/2  the 4'' and the 6X8"

all for 493.11 plus free installation kit and installation.......is this a good deal?
cause i know i would jump on it with out ?????Qustion?????? if it were a different brand, but i don't know about this (Volfenhag) and i need to know if there worth it and how good they are so any comments will help.
Thank You
Dustin

dustin_parks79 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
Hey cheek this out i need some input about volfenhag because i was offerd a deal today 2 15" volfenhag subs and a 1600 watt volfenhag subs along with midrang spkrs for my car....this was offered to me for 438.32 i need to know if it is worth the money, cause i like caraudio and i know a lil about it, but i don't know about this Brand (Volfenhag) so let me know what you think all oppinions are appreciated.....
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
ah, volfenhag... it's simple, no. Especially for that price. You can find waaaaaay better equipment for that price.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
amp
2 15's
Did a quick search on ebay and found those, check them out. Even if it isn't the same exact models as you were offered, it's probably similar. Sounds like you were about to be ripped off. And as for them being "A German Concept", I wouldn't say that as it would be insulting to German's.
If you want some quality equipment to fit your budget, tell us what your budget is and we will be more than happy to help you find a decent setup. And good call asking us about Volfenhag first.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
Helpme9 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  
i own a set of volfen hags 12"
there ok.
but for the price that the guy is offering dont
the subs and brand are decent. its the price that they guy is offering to you is bad.
cheagreen 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  

volfenhag has poor build quality, sound quality, and reliabilty. I'd pay that much to get them out of my face. I wouldn't waste a dime on any of thier equipment.

I friend of mine owned a Orion Demo vehicle which was stocked with 20   15" Orion XTR3's and a bunch of other stuff. He's selling everything he had in the demo van. I can get you 2 15" Orion XTR3's for $ 140.00 shipped. Mine are coming to the doorstep on Monday. Im excited.

I'll take pics. Anyway, do yourself a favor. If you have that money to spend, buy a JBL bp600.1 for like $220, and I'll get you the subs If you want them. He hooked me up for shipping, I don't no if he'll do it again. He has 17 subs left.

Head Unit:Pioneer-Deh-1600
Fronts:Kicker 6x8 S57's
Front Amp:Coustic PowerLogic Amp460
Rear Fill:Stock 6x8's
Subs: 2 10" JL Audio W3's
Sub Amp: JBL bp600.1
Wiring: KnuKonceptz
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
Volfenhag may be "A German Concept" but they are also  "A Chinese Product".  You can get MUCH better equipment for that price, and that amp is more like 500W max, not 1600.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  
alex75 
Copper - Posts: 134
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
Listen to your friends at 12 Volt!  For the $$ you mentioned, you can get yourself some "real equipment".  Like stated above, Volfenhag is a German sounding product straight off an assembly line in China.  You can put a pig in a Gucci dress but it's still a pig right?   My point is a crappy product with a neat name is still a crappy product!  For $440, you can get a pair of entry level Rockfords, Kickers, or something similar and still have $200 for an amp.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
Excuse me while I go be sick in the corner, mind if I use your 15" sub to hold all my puke in?Volfenhag -- posted image.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic