the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Not happy w/new Alpine headunit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
Not happy w/new Alpine headunit - Page 2 -- posted image. took the words right out of my mouth. Not happy w/new Alpine headunit - Page 2 -- posted image.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

You definately need to read the manual and have a great amount of experience to set up the new alpine decks, it takes me a good hour to set up the cda-9830 and up to the 9835.   There is just wayyyyy to many functions.

Turn off your MX, its only to be used on poor radio stations to boost the bass.    Once your deck is all set up, all you should have to play with is the volume, and the sub volume.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Txsvtlightning 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2004 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
What would be better-
X-over in headunit for 6˝" Quarts
X-over in amp for 6˝" Quarts
Full range signal to the MB Quart X-overs
X-over in headunit for 10" subs
X-over in amp for 10" subs
Alpine Guy 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2004 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
Full range to amp, then X-over on the amp at or below what the x-over for the MB Quarts x-over is set at.    Then for the sub, use the x-over in the deck and amp.  Just because with the boost option on the deck, you don't really need to be boosting stuff you not going to be useing.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2004 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  

Shouldn't he just use the headunit crossovers for the highpass and sub?  I read somewhere that the digital crossovers in headunits like that are superior to the active analog crossovers in most car audio amplifiers.

AlpineGuy, why do you suggest running both deck and amp crossover for the sub.  Doesn't this create a steeper than desireable cutoff slope and have the potential to cause some strange dips / phase problems?

I guess I would simply use the headunit crossovers and turn off the crossovers on the amp.   80hz for both would be a good starting point I think.

kfr

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Alpine Guy 
Posted: June 06, 2004 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, you do make a pretty good point, but in that deck you should be able to adjust the slope, ,unless im thinking of the 9835.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic