icon

Fiberglass project, pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drunkenbreaker 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 3:18 AM / IP Logged  
In reference to carpeting the enclosure.  Carpet really downplays fiberglass work I suggest vinyle that way you get a good curvey feel and look without have to finish to paint like you were saying.  To make vinyle even easier you can lay foam batting first and let it even out the surface to you barely have to do any finishing at all.
djdaveoc 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2004 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Casa, what did you use for the front windows?  Is that Lexan or plexiglass/acrylic?  If so, where did you buy it from and how much was it?  If not, what is it?  Also what type of LED's are you using?  Do they look good?  How much were those?  Thanks
Fiberglass project, pics - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. Plan, Research, Do
casedeez 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry I havnt been on in a couple days. I started fire season here in Oregon. Thats how I have paid my way through 4 years of college. (wildland fire) Anyway it is plexi glass. Dude I cant remember what it cost, I think the sheet was between 30-40 bones and I still have enough left over to do a box with two 12's and maybe 2 10's. The LED's I dont remember what kind they are. They have about 10 leds in each strip. They cost me 15 dollars a pop. I pretty much got screwed on them because I was in a town which I wasnt from and it was late in the evening and we were trying to get this box done asap because my buddy was having to heaed home. Something happened to his mom, she is ok though. In any case I personally think i got hosed on the LED's but if i wanted to have some lights I had to buy those because of the circumstance I was in. The LED's look pretty good, if i could goback and do it again I would prolly go with Neons, I had neons in my blazer a couple years back and In my opinion they looked better.
djdaveoc 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  
That's cool, thanks for the info.  I won't be doing much on my truck for the next few weeks.  I have off for nine days from work starting July 3, so when I'm not at the lake/river on the SeaDoo, I'll be home finishing the dynamat in my truck and I will probably build the frame for the amp rack.  I won't be home that much and I won't have the money I need to buy everything else I'm going to need, so I probably won't get much more than that done in the next few weeks.  Unfortunately, money is holding my project up more than time.  I can work on it every night if I want to, but I don't have the money to buy everything.  I got my two PPI amps which were expensive, even at a very good price.  Now I have to buy my JL Audio 12W7 sub, I have to pay to get the door pop kits installed after I buy them and same with the power windows.  I plan to have my handles shaved later on when I do the exterior.  So since I had manual locks and windows I'll be replacing them with power everything.  I'll have to buy the switches and either install them into my dash or make a custom center console.  I'm going to glass the amp rack in the back seat and also do my dash and doors.  Well enough babbling.  I'll hopefully get some pics up once I start the real work.  I don't think I need to post pics of dynamat and a mostly empty truck right now.
Fiberglass project, pics - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. Plan, Research, Do
lensam69 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, just saw this... How much material did you use on the neon???
I'm about to do the same thing for a 12 inch sub... Mine needs to have 1 cu Ft. How big was your enclosure? aprox...
forbidden wrote:
Wrong advice young grasshopper, go back to square one and do not pass go.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic