icon

Fiberglass project, pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
casedeez 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  

Ok here is something I have been working on. Im making two of these enclosures to put in the back of a Neon. This is my first attempt at fiberglass and well Id like some opinions / tips if ya got some.

http://oregonstate.edu/~klavitec/fiberglassproject/

The fleece was on sale, so make all the jokes ya wanna. As of now I have a coule more layers over the fleece and Ill be doing more and updating the pics as I go. FYI im carpeting the enclosure for a couple reasons. One i think aesthetically speaking it will look better and two I dont have the time nor the money to spend sanding sanding sanding, bondo-ing, bondo-ing sanding sanding oh, and sanding. The painting. gonna house a  kicker c10 on each side.

mikedawg 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
looks like a start to me. if you want a perfect example of what NOT to do just take a look at wht94stang's pics.
always looking for new info and willing to give it
djdaveoc 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2004 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
It looks like you know what you're doing, good job.  I had two kicker 10" subs though and I hated them.  Maybe it was because they were low power/inexpensive subs and they were in a box that I didn't think was made very well after I took it apart and saw how they did it.  They were the comp 10" subs but I think I'll be much happier with my one JL Audio 12W7 in the subzone box. 
Fiberglass project, pics -- posted image. Plan, Research, Do
casedeez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2004 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  
Oh i can almost garuntee that. HAHAH this is for my fiance who happens to not be so much on the loving of bass side of things. Myself... well I love to play and playing is what i do. She doesnt care as long as I dont ruin any of her sh!z, Ya know. :)  Right now I have a couple 4 12's sitting in the backside of my dakota. Sh!z is real loud n sh!z.  Anyway thanks for the props on the box.
One_Evil_Necro 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2004 at 4:46 AM / IP Logged  

looks great, btw I love your saw horses  =)

~Jay

casedeez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2004 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, its my kegstand!!! :)
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2004 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
happy halloween!
pAran0id 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2004 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
how many layers do I need if I'm using fleece and I'm putting 2 subs in?
mikedawg 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2004 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

fleece or fiberglass? if youre asking about layers of fleece, just one. if youre asking about fiberglass,  depends. i like to keep putting it on until i have about a quarter of an inch. that will make it so it doesnt flex. the fleece will really soak it up too.  dont get the pint of fiberglass, the gallon is a better deal. youll use it

always looking for new info and willing to give it
djdaveoc 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2004 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
Hey casedeez, Shoot me over some more pics of everything you're doing in the Dakota.  I am customizing my 2000 Dakota as we speak.  I'd really like to see what you did for the back seat if you have a club cab like me.  If you did any other custom work in the truck I'd like to see that too.  Bust out the digital camera ya lazy bum :))-
Fiberglass project, pics -- posted image. Plan, Research, Do
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic