icon

01 EX Odyssey: 2-step unlock & OEM arming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Derekc 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  

Add-on alarm w/Remote Start. 2-step unlock? OEM arming/disarming?

I am reviewing the remote start alarm I have installed on my 01 EX and I realized I should have done it differently. I looked into why I can't do 2-step unlock (driver door first, then the rest) and arm and disarm also the OEM alarm when I arm and disarm my remote start alarm. It seems like the wiring diagrams I can find anywhere on the Net say WHITE/ red for the locking and GREEN/ red for the unlocking but this is just to simulate locking/unlock with the INSIDE door lock switch which doesn't enable the OEM alarm. That also unlock all doors at the same time. Shouldn't a key lock action (using the key from outside the door into the keyhole) be simulated so that OEM alarm can be armed too (with that little red flashing light on the dash)? I looked at the manual circuit diagram and looks like it is better to ground pulse the pink wire on the driver's door lock knob switch and ground pulse the blue/white wire on the key cylinder switch to lock all doors and arm the OEM alarm. And to ground pulse the blk/red wire on the driver door lock knob switch and ground pulse the blue wire on the key cylinder switch at the same time to unlock the driver door and disarm the OEM alarm and pulse them again within two sec (or so) to unlock all doors???
Would the ground pulsing the wires without actually inserting and turning the key (mechanically) do the job?

But then when I want to remote start when the car is armed (both OEM and the add-on), I have to disarm the OEM first. What wire should I pulse to disarm the OEM without unlocking the door (which will trigger the add-on alarm)???

It seems like by just pulsing the BLUE wire on the key cylinder switch won't disarm the OEM alarm but will trigger the control unit to send a door trigger signal. I notice a door zone trigger on my transmitter when I RS while car is disarmed.

I am in a dilemma. Any comment??
DC

dc
jfk51502003 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2004 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
for the door locks ...off the top of my head......you need to get motor wires...???
jfk51502003 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2004 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - HONDA / ODYSSEY / 2001 / Security
[PRINT THIS PAGE]
12voltswhite + ignition harness
StarterBLACK/ white + ignition harness
IgnitionBLACK / YELLOW + ignition harness
Power LockBLACK/ white - green 6-pin plug
Notes: The plug is located at the bottom of the fuse box.
On the EX models the power lock wire is BLACK/ orange, and the power unlock wire is blue/orange. They are in a green 20 pin plug on the passenger side fuse box.
Power UnlockGREEN/ red - green 6-pin plug
On the EX models the power lock wire is BLACK/ orange, and the power unlock wire is blue/orange. They are in a green 20 pin plug on the passenger side fuse box.
Lock MotorWHITE/ red green 10-pin plug
Unlock Motorlt. GREEN/ red green 10-pin plug
Disarm Defeatlt. GREEN/ red green 14-pin plug
Parking Lights+RED / black 10-pin plug
Parking Lights-
Hazards
Turn Signal(L)
Turn Signal(R)
Door TriggerBLACK/ white - domelight on/off switch
Dome Supervisionlt. green - domelight on/off switch
Trunk/Hatch Pintied in with door
Hood Pinyellow/red - right of steering column
Trunk/Hatch Release
Notes: To open and close the power sliding door with a single channel see directfax document #1085.
Power Sliding Door
Factory Alarm Arm
Factory Alarm Disarmblue - DDM in driver door
Disarm No Unlock
Tachometerblue above the brake master
Notes: In a 2-pin test connector.
Horn Triggerlt. GREEN/ blue - steering column
Memory Seat 1
Memory Seat 2
Memory Seat 3
Immobilizer Bypass Module:Required: YesType: TransponderPart #: 555H or 555U
Notes: N/A
01 EX Odyssey: 2-step unlock & OEM arming -- posted image.
This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic