icon

Best place to put a line out converter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
harvey1959 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2004 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  
I've just finished installing an amp in a 94 Dodge Spirit.  I placed it on the driver side wall of the trunk.  Since I don't have rca jacks on my HU (JVC FX-12), I installed a Scosche line out converter.  Right now it is sitting on the floor next to the subwoofer box.  This converter has no holes to mount it.  Do you guys have any suggestion how to mount it or where to mount it. 
Harv
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 07, 2004 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
I have a similar situation.  I bundled and zip tied the wiring and just let the converters lay in place, held in place by the wiring.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
harvey1959 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2004 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
OK, I thought about that.  The only way I get thinks done is to walk away from it for a while and come back to it.  The idea about wire ties is good.  I'm going to use a carpenters knife and cut some slits in the carpeting behind my seat, use wire ties to hold it in place on the seat back. Also I can use the slits and hide the cable behind the carpet on the seat.  Thanks 
Harv
harvey1959 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2004 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
Boy, I can't spell either, things instead of things
Harv
mikedawg 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2004 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
behind the head unit is always good, or if youre strapped for room, somewhere behind the dash
always looking for new info and willing to give it
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2004 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
Diffrent locations for different applications
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
harvey1959 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2004 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
I put it in the carpet behind the rear seat with wire ties.  All you see is about a 1 and a 1/2 inch of the input wires and an 1 and 1/2 inch of the rca's.  This way if I have to tweak the settings, I don't have to pull the HU again.  Because the HU didn't have RCAs to begin with I had to run the signal from the HU to the back of the car.  With the 94 Dodge Spirit it doesn't make a difference because all the speakers are in the doors so tapping off of the rear speakers for a signal would be as much trouble as running from the HU.   Thanks for the suggestions.
Harv

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic