the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

amp wiring question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deboss 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2004 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  

im trying to wire (1) sub thats (6 ohms) dvc in parrallel will give me (3ohms) with( 1)( 4 ohms) in series  i think that if i caluated right it would give me a total of  =7 ohms    3 ohms on the sub 4 ohms on the speaker 

subs

• 120 oz. Double Stacked Strontium Magnets
  • Power Handling: 1000 watts R.M.S.
  • Frequency Response: 18Hz – 500Hz
  • Efficiency: 96.4dB
  • PHAT 1.75 Inch EPDM Rubber Surround
  • Spun Aluminum Cone
  • 3 Inch 4-Layer ASV Voice Coil
  • Dual 6 Ohm
  • 3 Ohm or 12 Ohm Operation
  • spaekers

• 250 Watts Max. Music Power (60 Watts Nominal)
  • Frequency Response: 30Hz- 32kHz
  • Sensitivity: 91 dB (1W/1m)
  • 4ohms Rated
  • Aramid Fiber Composite Cane Woofer
  • Butyl Rubber Surround for Smoother Response
  • High-Energy Strontium Magnet (Woofer)
  • Glass-Imide Voice Coil Bobbin
  • Conex Damper
  • 1 1/8" Laminated Polyester Fiber Soft Dome Tweeter with Magnetic Fluid, In-flux Neodymium Magnet and Rear Chamber
  • Wave Guides for Dispersion Control
  • Built-in LC Network (-6dB/Oct. LPF & -12dB/Oct. HPF
  • amp im using

• 2 Channel 4 Ohm RMS 310 x 2 Channel / 2 Ohm RMS 370 x 2
  • 1600 Bridged Max
  • 740 Mono RMS
  • Full Selectable Crossover Hi/Full/Low
  • Three Way Protection Circuit
  • Tri-Mode Capable
  • 2ohm Stable Stereo
  • Full Mosfet Power Supply
  • System Distress Indicator
  • High/Low Level inputs With Floating Ground
  • 4 Gauge Power/Ground Connection
  • Gold plated RCA Connectors
  • Line output
  • PWM Circuitry
  • Variable Low Pass 40Hz-120Hz
  • Variable Hi Pass 150Hz-1.5Khz
  • 18dB Bass Boost @ 40Hz.
  • Frequency Response: 10Hz to 30Khz
  • S/N Ratio:97 db
  • THD: 0.02%
  • DYohn 
    Moderator - Posts: 10,741
    Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
    Posted: June 07, 2004 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
    That's not a good idea.  You will not be able to control which frequencies are utilized by each speaker unless you also run a passive crossover.  The sub requires a low pass crossover and the "speaker" a high pass crossover.  Whay not just use the amp for the single sub?
    Support the12volt.com
    deboss 
    Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
    Posted: June 07, 2004 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  

ok thanks

one more question

i have two of these subs and thinking of using two amps or can i use one amp and how should i wire them using parallel or series

DYohn 
    Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
    Posted: June 07, 2004 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
    With DVC 6-ohm subs, the best you can do is wire each for 3-ohms then run the two in series for a total 6-ohm load.  Connect it to the amp in mono (bridged) mode and it will deliver approximately 400 or so watts.  Sounds like you have Audiobahn equipment, which means the ratings are a bit high so it might be closer to 350 watts.  In any case it should be fine, although the amp will not reach its full potential.
    Support the12volt.com
    deboss 
    Posted: June 07, 2004 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

yes it is audiobahn

and thanks again

deboss 
    Posted: June 07, 2004 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  

how can i make the amp reach full potential what can i add to this system to make it pump but sound clear

DYohn 
    Posted: June 07, 2004 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  

deboss wrote:
    how can i make the amp reach full potential what can i add to this system to make it pump but sound clear

Match the subs with the amp.  Your amp is rated for a 4-ohm load, so you have to get speakers that can create a 4-ohm load.  Or get an amp that will put out closer to your speaker's RMS ratings at the 6-ohm load you can create.  Other than replacing equipment, you get what you get.  If you like the sound, then what does it matter?  If you don't, then you'll have to go shopping (and I suggest you listen to other than Audiobahn if you do.)

Cheers.

Support the12volt.com
    deboss 
    Posted: June 07, 2004 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
    so i should wire it this way parallel to series right amp wiring question - Last Post -- posted image.
    DYohn 
    Posted: June 07, 2004 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
    That looks good to me.
    Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
    This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic