icon

compustar 2wss-as 1 way remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Lacksdesigns 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2004 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone know how to program the 1 way remote for the compustar 2wss-as I tried turning the key 5 times with the battery out and everything but nothing. Anything else you gotta do??
Car audio, the only way to go
dfiddy 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2004 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
What do you mean you took the battery out while programming? Hopefully you mean you tried reprogramming, which didn't work, then you tried replacing the battery. Does your remote still go blinky? Check the voltage on the battery it could be high enough to make the light blink but not enough to make the compustar function. Compustar remotes are notorious for not functioning properly. Also check both ends of the antenna just to make sure they didn't come loose. =)
If anything else makes ya go hmm, holla back youngin.
Lacksdesigns 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2004 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  

I figured out what I had to do.

Thanks guys

dfiddy 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2004 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
fill us in...what did ya find out?
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2004 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
so what did you have to do? i couldnt get the 1-way to work.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
Lacksdesigns 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2004 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  

Well the original question suppose to had been how do i get the one way remote and the two way remote to work at the same time, but i guess i worded it wrong. Well to get them both to work, turn the key off and on 5 times, then push the button 1 button on the 2 way remote, after you hear 1 click, push the lock/unlock button, on the 1 way remote, then you'll hear another click, followed by a series of clicks, and their you go, all programed.

idioticslacker 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  

I have  had the compustar 2wss since december.  I jsut recently purchased a 1 way remote and can not get it to program.  I tried what is stated above.  I also tried the thing with the battery and I tried doing the thing with the battery for the big remote and then following that with the little remote.   Both times the big remote beeps like it was programed but nothing happns with the little remote. Does anyone have any suggestions.? Also, is the little remote supposed to be 4 button or 6 button. I did notice the book states a 6 button, but the one I got was a 4 button.

-Greg

Lacksdesigns 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

What I did to get it to work is:

1. Turn they key on and off 5 times. nce you hear a click from the relay push button one on the 2 way remote. You will hear another click, after the 2nd click push the lock/unlock button on the 1 way remote, if you hear a series of clicks, then its set.......

jepherz 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2004 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
Check your brain and antenna on your 2 way alarm. If it's the model with the black sticker on the antenna, you can only have 1 remote programmed at a time. If it's blue, you're in luck and you can have both at once programmed. Just be fast when you put the battery in the 2 way remote and hit the button on the 1 way.
Good Luck!
"Screw nitrous, I'd rather be blown."
idioticslacker 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2004 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  

Well that answers my question.  This kinda stinks, I liked that little remote too.  The big one gets kinda bulky sometimes.  Anyone know if compustar allows a trade in for the proper unit?  Or am I Sh*t out of luck.  Thanks for the help.

-Greg

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic