icon

hardwiring neon in 94 accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
HumbleI 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2004 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
wheres my acc. wire?? If I found this all I would do to hardwire the neons in would be slpice into this wire and ground the neons, correct??
Love-peace-guidance
word-SOUND&power
mikedawg 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2004 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
just take the wire to your battery or if you plan to have more neons in the future, make a block
always looking for new info and willing to give it
HumbleI 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2004 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
yeah but I hear people talking about using the accessory wire out of the fusebox?? where is this??
Love-peace-guidance
word-SOUND&power
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2004 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
There is actually an empty spade terminal in the fuse block. If I remember right there are 4 lined up in a row and the second is the accessory one but you should take a Multimeter and check because I cant remember for sure but its there. You wouldnt want to go directly to the battery because then you either need to put in a switch in line or have the neon turned on all the time. If you hook up to the accessory than  it will just turn on with the key and off with the key. Simple effective and clean. If you go to the battery then you may also devolop the octopuss mess at the battery which is always dangerous and oh so ghetto
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
HumbleI 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2004 at 7:05 AM / IP Logged  
which is EXACTLY why I wouldnt want to run it to the battery.. yeah you can fuse and switch the lijn but thats a pain in the arse and it does look like sh*ttttt........ Ive got a multimeter questions.... I have an autozone, a speedworld, and a aid auto store near me.... what kind of multimeter shoudl I buy thats available at those stores?? is it worth it to buy a test light too??? thanks!!
Love-peace-guidance
word-SOUND&power
mikedawg 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2004 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
just buy the cheapest voltmeter. and i know your gonna have to have a switch. if you run it to your acc. in the fuse box, its gonna be on as long as the cars on. i got four cars with neons under all of them. connected to a switch and the battery. if you know what youre doing, you wont have an octupuss mess.
always looking for new info and willing to give it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic