Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged  
5 gallons is way too much for a trunk. get a gallon and that should be fine
always looking for new info and willing to give it
pixiesfan78 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2004 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
no no 5 gallons is about right i just did a wheel well sub box i made a mold of the whole wheel well and fleeced on the top layer i went through two gallons and two quarts and it still has flex im gonna do another quart tomorrow and 9 more sq ft of mat i hope this will finish it.i should have bought at least 3 gallons to start just for my box.so i dont think ill be doing the panels as preiviously planed there getting carpet i need the mony for other stuff.
love the flames.apair of aw1251t subs 75 watt rms flame amp eq/linedriver clarion h.u.the rest is temporary untill i can afford the rest of the system.
mikedawg 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2004 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
the rockford setup thats in the picture will only take 1 gallon. 2 small amp racks and a covering for the subs. the back of that enclosure is made of mdf. and grill cloth is stretched over the speaker rings. not alot of fiberglass in that setup.
always looking for new info and willing to give it
lilboi 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2004 at 4:46 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks alot. That's what i needed to hear. I'm not planning to do the tire well. I might do it later for my amp rack on the bottom. But the most fiberglassing will be the front of the subs.
98tibfx 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2004 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
Hereis a subwoofer box that I am currently building for my 10" kicker sub. I haven't checked the volume with packing peanuts, but from my initial measurements it looks is ~1 cubic foot. I bought one gallon of resin (and 3 bondo 9x9 fiberglass mats) , and it looks to be just about right, but probably won't have much leftover. But that's partly because it's been hot and you have to adjust the amount of hardner, and experimenting wasted a little bit.
noakes75 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2004 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  

i made a box for 2 L5s and i only used a gallon and a 1/2, so i doubt it'd take 5. i could be wrong, but i really doubt it. unless your hella wasteful

pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2004 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
For my amp rack an box for a 15 i used about 3-4 gallons.That was totally fiberglass and very thick. 3 should be fine.
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic