icon

1993 Camaro Delco Bose-System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fomocognatsum 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2004 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  

Bought this car used, prev. owner sniped factory plugs @ head unit! Installed aftermarket Deck (Bonehead Backyard mechanic! Ruined it for the sake of a $10 adapter plugs!)

Anyway deck is gone! empty hole!  I will probably go to the wreckers get the factory plugs and restore them back to original (solder, heat shrink) Then buy adapter to install my new deck.

On to my question?  I thought this was a 5 speakers system with the Bose upgrade?  The factory sub enclosure is still in the rear and intacted wiring and all.  I got the schematics from my GM dealer and it only shows the 2 front door amplified speakers and the sub (3 speakers total) But it doesn't show any wiring or speakers for the rear seat locations which have grilles & cutouts, but know wiring going to them from the sub wiring or from the fron, so was this only a 3-speaker setup?

Anyway I'd also like to know if the Sub is internally crossed inside the enclosure and is the amp there also?  Because I'd like to wire it into my new system.  I can provide the wire color I know there is a power & ground to the sub and some signal wires?

Any help would greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Djmajicmark1 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2004 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  
I did one of these a while back so ill try to remember best i can. First, correct only 3 speakers. The front two are amped and the rear one is amped interanlly in the plastic box. There are 3 or the 4 rear outputs that go to the sub, if I'm correct it was all but the left rear that went to the sub. the left rear was grounded out(I believe.) The owner wanted me to install 2 rear speakers, I just ran new wires, A H to the E to the double L of a lot easyer than trying to figure out the F'ed up bose wiring crap. I removed the rear sub(sound wise) so he had just 4 speakers. Any other ?'s just let me know

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic