icon

Best sub?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
icu400 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2004 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Well, it has been a few weeks now with my sony 10's, and I like them. But I am looking for something a bit better. I listen to pretty much everything from rap, to classic rock, and even some willy nelson ever so often :P So basicaly I am looking for something to add a bit more bang but with a focus on clarity. My amp is a sony mono amp that puts out about 250 rms. Its the newest sony amp so I don't think it is overestimated much at all. So as far as power goes, I am trying to keep it between 200 and 300 watts rms.
So, here are my prime suspects:
Rockford Fosgate Stage 2 10" (These have a low mount depth but only 1 voice coil)
Alpine Type R (DVC, but sort of deep)
JL Audio w3v2 (DVC, pretty shallow, most expensive)
Any others I should check out?
The new subs will be put into 2 stealthboxes that I am going to start work on within a few weeks. I want to decide what I am going to upgrade to before then, if I will upgrade at all, because the box will need to be tailored to that sub. They have to be 10's because thats all I have room for (and I don't like 8's).
I realize that this is something of an opinion request, but if yall can tell me any practical knowledge about which works better, is more clear, that sort of thing, I would appreciate it.
Peace
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2004 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
There is no such thing, actually, as "the best sub."  The best sub for YOU is the one you like to listen to that fits into your budget.  How much are you willing to spend?
Support the12volt.com
Helpme9 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2004 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
Try out the subs you are interested in, and which ever sounds best to you. Take It.
is that a 10-4?
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2004 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
I prefer the JL Audio sub, but listen to all of them and decide which one you (and your budget) like best.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic