icon

Pioneer AVIC-1 based system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
septicdeath 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2004 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  

Hey people. I have a few questions. (I'm sitting here without my truck or my original Avic manual, I might be missing the obvious but thought I would ask now, in case someone knows)

I recently purchased the XDV-P9 6 disc DVD/CD/VCD changer, it looks like it was manufactured BEFORE the AVIC so it doesnt really mention it, all though it has "setups" for controlling it via a IPBUS compatible (the avic is) controller as well as a stand along.

My system consists of a AVIC-N1(ipbus/avbus) with the XM radio module (ipbus/avbus), the TV-Tuner (ipbus), and now the DVD changer (IPbus/avbus). My questions is based because all units other than the DVD changer seem to pass video signal via rbg or ipbus connections, (i.e. I do not have a video connection from the tv tuner to the avic brain). However, the DVD changer (Im assuming now) has front/rear video rca's (probally for stand alone operation) and the IPBus, however, the wiring diagrams show it using the RCA to the VTR in WITH the IPBUS setup (although the instructions are pre avic and show it connection to a "head unit" with seperate video monitor (NOT fed rca video, rca video only goes from Change rto head, so again, its showing no video only ipbus in some configs, not all).

It would seem simply to hook the composite video to the avic, however, it only has 1 rca in thats where my a/v switcher (6 in 8-out) feeds all the other video devices, the next compatabile configuration shows using my tv tuner activated as a "ip-bus main unit" via a FM Modulator/IBbus main/IPbus avmaster switch and has the dvd changer feed the TV tuner in the main unit mode, and the video rca from the dvd changer to the tv tuner, and then again, JUST a ipbus connection from tuner to "head unit".

Its not confusing, except that my tv tuner manual doesnt show a video/rca/input although the dvd changer manual calls the unit part number correctly.

I'm guessing that the dvd changer (the serial and date show it made in 2002) is old, and that all the other items have been upgraded, I would worry the dvd changer is old, except that it is STILL the only model that they sell (or I am told) and the AVIC explicitly states that it is a dvd changer controller, and can control an IPBus device.

enough silly bable, I guess Im just gonna have to wait to get the truck back from the shop and make the ipbus connections without rca video and see if I have a picture, mean while, anyone here have a avic and hooked a dvd changer up with any help/info to add. Before I had pioneer, I had panasonic and asking for help here generally was like looking for water in the desert, I asked for a good reccomendation for a change, and the Pioneer came highly recomended, so lets hope someone has done a complete system. God knows BOTH company web sites suck and offer NOTHING that helps, you cant even get the manuals from pioneer for anything newer than 2 years it seems like, but you CAN buy them.... HAHAHAAHh The American Way.....

pay as you go....

frankson 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 4:18 AM / IP Logged  

Here's the link to the AVIC specific manuals/

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_3151_64850099,00.html

And here's for all the other manuals/

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/manual/0,,2076_4277,00.html

you'll have to register to view and save them

Hope this helps

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic