icon

Non authorized DEI dealers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2004 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
I see this severel places. But they sell viper and python and other dei alarms. All they say is that they dont offer the dei warranty. This is all good for me due to that i rather install these types of alarms for people. But my questions is that are they doing something AGAINST dei policy? I though dei was very prone to who installs there product, but i cant belive that severl places that are not "authorized" and sell dei products and doing something they are not allowed to.
Do companys buy from dei diretly or they buy form a different company? if they buy from different i see how they can get away, but if they buy from dei personaly i dont see how they can get away form it, im sure dei should know who they are sellling too.
Any ones how this works out.
Kyle
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2004 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
  I was wandering the same thing. I've seen a lot of stores in NY that sell DEI products specially alarms but they don't even intall them. They just sell them over the counter, and they claim that the products carry a full warranty from DEI.  But a local dealer told me that if he were to sell me a Viper alarm over the counter that DEI would not honor the warranty since it had to be installed by an authorized dealer. 
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2004 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
Ever place that i see, they carry "there" own warranty, but not DEI warranty. I can understand DEI not carrying a warranty that was not install buy some they want.
Kyle
deviousjoker 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2004 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
any local shop can by DEI products for distributors......the only time you're an authorized dealer is when you buy directly from DEI.......for some shops this might be a good thing to buy elswhere........there's only a couple dollar mark up and you don't have to meet a certain quota.
First Class MECP Installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic