icon

Xtant X series sub Vs. Rockford Punch P1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
Would these Xtant 10" X sereies subs be better or worse then these Rockford Fosgate Punch P1. I was also considering this Lightning Audio Bolt amp for either of these two subs. I'd like to know if this is a reliable and good amp or not, and if not then could you please point out an amp for a similar price and power rating that is better quality. I'm trying to put togethor an inexpensive system for my friend in his jeep. He's using the factory radio and speakers but he wants better bass. He would be putting these subs in a sealed box.
ss586 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
Havent heard the Xtant subs, but I sell the P1's and for the price are a pretty good value and sound good too. I personally stay away of the Bolt amp. Lightning Audio makes some really nice stuff but Im not a fan of there Bolt line, considering you can buy it at Walmart. Check out the Blaupunkt PCA-2100 which puts out 100x2 rms and 300x1 rms @4ohm. I retail that amp for $139, and have out quit a few in already. It seems to be a pretty damn reliable amp for the price.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  

Well, Kerplunkt can be bought at any number of price sensitive stores as well. The Bolt series of subs I would run away from screaming like a little girl, but the amps have been really amazing if used properly. (Especially the Bolt mono amp - wow man). Xtant subs have been pretty darn good as well with a 4 year warranty when purchased from an authorized dealer vs. one year on the Rockford's. I would use the Xtant myself.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry i meant to list the Xtant  Z series instead of the X, on that first post. Would they still be better then the Rockord subs? Rob, would you use the Bolt amp or the Blaupunkt amp then?

customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
anyone?
mikedawg 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
ok if theyre the z series, i had 2 12's and i loved them. better than the new punches. the x series are even better but youre gonna spend almost 300 for a 10 inch. rockford used to be one of the best subs you can buy. theyve gone down hill quite a bit. go with the xtant. plus they look cooler.
always looking for new info and willing to give it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic