icon

A little help please!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fugit 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
I have some alpine type-r components that I was going to put in the factory openings of my yukon.  The front fit fine, but the rear are too deep!  I need to figure this out by tommorrow night because I'm getting surgery on my knee monday.  If I don't finish, it won't get done for at least 2 months.  I've been working my ass off trying to get everything hooked up and deadend by myself so I really want to get this done.  My question is how can I get the grille to extend about a half inch?  I've racked my brain, but even using glass I really don' t know what to do so it will still fit where it's supposed to.  I can't cut the door, because the window motor is right where the magnet is.  I'd have to relocate the motors and I haven't the foggiest how to mess with those.
"I'm Rick James bi***, enjoy yo' self Ah Ah Ah"
Dave Chappelle as Rick James
evol E 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  

If u need the speaker to sit out cut some baffle rings to us as spacers. if the speaker hits the grill then do kind of the same thing. trace the grill on to some card board cut it out and test fit it to the door then trace and cut it on to wood. cut the in side of the wood out so it doesn't cover your speakers. test fit it if it fits good u can round the top edges off and rap it with color match grill cloth. then u got a new grill that should fit just right. glue it velcrow it screw it or how ever u wanna do it. hope this helps I'm better at doing then explaning it. goodluck with your surgery

fugit 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
cool, I didn't even think to make new holes to secure it.  I was so caught up in having to use the original holes I totally forgot about that.  Thanks.
"I'm Rick James bi***, enjoy yo' self Ah Ah Ah"
Dave Chappelle as Rick James

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic