icon

1995 nissan maxima wiring diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AKN_fox 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
didnt know where else to post this but uh, spent all night going insane because the stereo wiring diagram for the 1995 nissan maxima is WRONG, i did the first half of the wires, which were fine, and than the speaker wires didnt match up at all, teh colors it says DONT EXIST, im so pissed, i woulda rather bought the wiring harnes than went through this, but i thought the diagram on this site would be trustworthy. just had to say that, and maybe if anyone knows where to get the correct diagram so i can fix this mess post it up - peace
roight
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2004 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
check install dr. for your information. as far as the wiring diagram goes its nobody's fault but your own. i had a similar problem with a 96' neon.
Quad L Handyman services
AKN_fox 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2004 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
what is install dr.?? thanks for the reply, but i dont see how its my fault if the diagram is incorrect? i just want the correct wires, all i need to do are the speakers, everythign else worked, teh headunits on, playing a cd, but no sound cuz the speaker  wires it says should b there arent, the colors dont exist. its like torture.
roight
AKN_fox 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2004 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  

nice set myself up there for another big disappointment,,, went to install dr, got the diagram, was like "sweet this one looks good like itll actually work", get all my sh*t ready pull the dash back apart, and nope doesnt work for sh*t either. so i get so pissed i drive 20 min to radical tunes for a wiring harness only to find its closed on sundays! seriously, wtf. than i go to radio shack for a multimeter, im sure u can guess what i found there,,, CLOSED! awesome. someone should just take all these diagrams offline, if they were never there i woulda never used it yesterday and went to get a harness when the place was open.

online wiring diagrams - i hate all of you.

roight
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2004 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  

Wiring harness adapter.  Always use one if one is available.  Anything else is a beginner's mistake.

Support the12volt.com
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2004 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  

What i ment by it being your fault is because you decided to splice the wires without the correct information and also did so when wiring harnesses are available. not to rip on you or anybody here but i really don't like splicing into the actual car harness to install a radio when you could spend a little money to do it right.

Quad L Handyman services
AKN_fox 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2004 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
alll im saying is if the information in the databse on this site isnt gunna b from a reliable source, than dont post it at all. i have this insane problem now, spent alll day workin on it and im still perplexed. i found a best buy that was open and bought the stupid harness for 20 bux. watever was just happy to finally kno which wires were which. now i have this problem where i put the 5 wires i cut back together, put the wiring harness on, and the headunit turns on but there no sound. i tried EVERYTHING and cant figure out why there is no sound its driving me fkin insane! i thought maybe the headunit was broken so i got a computer speaker and put the wires up to that and it played fine. even stranger is i hook up the stock cd player and it doesnt even turn on at all. its like when i cut the wires i reset something i duno, after workin on it for a good 6 hours im about ready to kill someone. so thats my story anyone reading this never ever ever trust anything online.
roight
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2004 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  

Did you read the disclaimer at the top of the vehicle information page?  The real lesson here, my friend, is to do it right the first time and if you're unsure stop and get help.

Did you disconnect your battery before you started chopping into your car's wiring?  If not, you may have blown a fuse or two.  Check them all.

Support the12volt.com
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2004 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
“Self induce pain is weakness leaving the body.” Author unknown.
I will reserve my comments for the time being.
If you are not getting any sound and the new head unit is working, most likely you have a factory amp. Connect the blue and white wire from your head unit to the blue and white wire of the harness. It will turn on the factory amp and you should get sound then. If you need more help private message me I will walk you through step by step.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.1995 nissan maxima wiring diagram - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic