icon

Any opinions on this amp and sub?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
carlsky 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2004 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  

Anyone have any experience with these two products. And does the brand of an amplifier really matter?

Rockford Fosgate RFP3410 10" Subwoofer 400w

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-VnW0MHApGxi/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=575RFP3410&s=0

B.M.W. 484 amplifier 1200w 2ch

Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2004 at 6:13 AM / IP Logged  

wow. "does the brand of an amplifier really matter" i have a feeling you are going to get some responses to this one.

yes it does and no it does not. it matters in the effect that you need the performance certain brands can give you and the experience those brands put into their amplifiers. the numbers and statistics from an amplifier can make or break your system and your speakers. especially break your speakers if you cause an amp to clip. if an amp is clipping it is no different from another amp that is clipping. thus you want to make sure you correctly set your gains no matter the amp. the brand only has to do with what the true outputs of the amp are and how well it meshs with your system and the speakers it will be powerings. and no the actual name of an amp isn't going to help your system any except in cosmetics.

rockfords subs are alright, not something i would personally suggest but then again i like high end car audio. (atleast now, didn't used to give a rats ass) wether something is good or not all depends on your ears and tastes we can only suggest.

the amp i am not familiar with. is that B.M. W. as in a cars oem amp? if its an oem amp i would really suggest you think about replacing it. If B.M.W. is some brand ive yet to hear about i thank you for the knowledge and appologize for my ignorance.

Quad L Handyman services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic