drivesoft?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Lurkin 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2004 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  

any of you watch pimp my ride?

they had a scion on tonite that they installed a drivesoft computer system in.

where can i find more info on this equipment, yall ever heard of it?

it had everything, e-mail, navigation, dvd, you name it.

thanks

Lurkin 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2004 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  

BTW..where the post went asking if anybody used google took  2 second to NOT find what im after. www.drivesoft.com is not what i am after.

i cant be 100% sure of what they called it but thats what it sounded like.

i have no clue what drivesoft web site has but NOT the description of what i posted above.

Rleimbach 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2004 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
Found info @ Drivesoft.net ... pretty cool equipment
Rleimbach
Lurkin 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2004 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
thanks, cant belive i didnt think to try net, but google didnt turn up anything for me.
Drivesoft 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2004 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  

Hello From Drivesoft

Info about Drivesoft and Pimp My Ride:
It was a 10.4 molded in the dash. The PC is a small box under the seat. It was touch screen, FM/TV-MP3-DVD-CD-GPS-XM-VCD-PiC Viewer- Car-Cam-Email-Internet-Media Organizer-Vehicle Status and more capable incar computer. We normally use 7" and 8" LCD touch screen but WCC wanted to put the usually touch on it as they do with all the high end cars they build 10" In The Dash Install.

PS: we are not trying to promote our product here on your forum but we thought since you guys were talking about it we would just give you some info.

I have noticed that you guys have said a few nice things about Drivesoft Car Computing Solution. We just wanted to say thanks.

Thanks,

Jack-Drivesoft-WCC-PMR

Mad Mike-WCC-PMR-Drivesoft
www.drivesoft.net

Lurkin 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2004 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

well since u posted here, and welcome.

whats a system like that cost? very cool stuff you have there.

thanks

Legend11 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
Lurkin, maybe me and you can touch base on this Drive Soft component; I am doing a custom install as well with something to this nature; feel free to e-mail me at marcusgallardo@student.westwood.edu or AIM me at m303gallardo. Drivesoft, I want to know the price of the unit as well,
Drivesoft 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
{DIV class=Section1}{p}To the 12 Volt forum:{/p}{p}I have not talked about sales and price on your forum becuase we do not want to intruded by using it for advertiving of Drivesoft. But since you are asking i provided below the same info that i am sending to the people that are emailing us. ALso we are offering discounts to customers that do not have a dealer in thier area{/p}{p}See below{?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /} {/p}{p}This reply is in regard to your inquiries about our Drivesoft System products. {/SPAN}The responses to our products have been overwhelming for us here at Drivesoft and for our Authorized Dealers. {/SPAN}I want to apologize for sending such an impersonal email that may or may not cover all of your questions or comments.{/p}{p} The intent of this email is to answer some of the most common questions....{/p}{p}{SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol"}{SPAN style="mso-list: Ignore"}·{SPAN style="FONT: 10pt 'Arial'"} {/SPAN}{/SPAN}{/SPAN}Retail Price $2900 to $3400 (before discount){/p}{p}{SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol"}{SPAN style="mso-list: Ignore"}·{SPAN style="FONT: 10pt 'Arial'"} {/SPAN}{/SPAN}{/SPAN}What can you expect to buy for the above retail price... 7" LCD Touch Screen, Main Unit with Drivesoft Software (DFS Pre-Loaded), {st1:Street}{st1:address style="BACKGROUND-POSITION: left bottom; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(res://ietag.dll/#34/#1001); BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-x"}External DVD Drive{/st1:address}{/st1:Street}, GPS {SPAN class=SpellE}Reciever{/SPAN}, IR Remote Controller, Wireless or USB Keyboard/Mouse with RF {SPAN class=SpellE}{SPAN class=GramE}Reciever{/SPAN}{/SPAN}{SPAN class=GramE}.{/SPAN} {/SPAN}DFS will include at least the following... FM, TV, XM, CD, MP3, DVD, VCD, Navigation, Car-Cam, Picture Viewer, email, internet, {SPAN class=SpellE}Wndows{/SPAN} XP and more. {/SPAN}See website for additional hardware and software details.{/p}{p}{SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol"}{SPAN style="mso-list: Ignore"}·{SPAN style="FONT: 10pt 'Arial'"} {/SPAN}{/SPAN}{/SPAN}We have had a lot of inquiries about specifications such as processor speeds, system ram, operating systems, etc... However we do not plan on disclosing this information, since the specifications are continuously changing and improving due to computer industry standards. {/SPAN}In an effort to not increase pricing, Drivesoft will optimize Drivesoft System products with the necessary components that are required to keep up with the {SPAN class=SpellE}demmand{/SPAN} of multimedia standards and the computer industry standards.{/p}{p}{SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol"}{SPAN style="mso-list: Ignore"}·{SPAN style="FONT: 10pt 'Arial'"} {/SPAN}{/SPAN}{/SPAN}Due to the great response from audio/customization shops, it may be as long as 45 to 60 days before an authorized dealer will be available in your area. {/SPAN}We will keep you informed of these developments at the Drivesoft Website and by email. {/SPAN}In the event that no authorized dealer becomes available in your area, then Drivesoft will consider selling it directly to you. {/SPAN}However, Drivesoft recommends that you seek the services of a local audio shop to ensure a {SPAN class=SpellE}profesional{/SPAN} installation with the benefits {SPAN class=GramE}of {/SPAN}installation{/SPAN} warranty.{/p}{p}{SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol"}{SPAN style="mso-list: Ignore"}·{SPAN style="FONT: 10pt 'Arial'"} {/SPAN}{/SPAN}{/SPAN}Note: Pricing, Specifications and Features can change without notice.{/p}{p}If you are seriously interested in purchasing the Drivesoft System as described above...{/p}{p}Send email with subject line as follows... "Consumer Drivesoft System Inquiry" to {a class="fPost" href="mailto:sales@drivesoft.net?subject=Consumer%20Drivesoft%20System%20Inquiry" target="_blank"}{U}sales@drivesoft.net{/U}{/A}{/p}{p}Drivesoft appreciates your patients... We have your information on file and will keep you informed.{/p}{p}Drivesoft Consumer Sales{/p}{P class=Msonormal style="mso-pagination: none; mso-layout-grid-align: none"} {/p}{/DIV}
Please do not copy and paste from a rich text editor like Microsoft Word. Please copy and paste from a plain text editor like Notepad.
jrock1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2004 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  

YO...WCC dropped the ball on this one!  Saw the Winmobil system at the new york auto show.  It offered a lot more and they provide a lot more info on their site www.winmobil.com 

Drivesoft 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2004 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

I do respect all opinions but to say that winmobil is even close is kind of funny. I can promise you that if you test-drive ours and there’s in your car you would really see the difference. I also saw it at the show. Don’t you think that WCC tried many option before that met Drivesoft. They did and they were disappointed until they found us. Why you say? Because we actually did what we promised we could do. Not a bunch of hype and the no show. Bottom line in that winmoblie is not bad software and neither are the few other companies that are tiring to make something. But Drivesoft has been around since 1997 and we are the easiest to you interface on the market. Also 12000 units on the road with no problems. As far as hardware Drivesoft software is way beyond the pre-built overseas product you see on the winmobil and other car pc website. They are all used the same product. They do not have built in FM/TV and also they do not have ignition control 12v PSU that also monitor the battery not to mention that it takes them over a min to boot. We have all of that and more including we power up in 6 to 8 secs

I like people talking about this industry because I feel that Drivesoft Winmobli and others companies like us will take car audio to the next level but I feel it is necessary to inform you of how we differ from the rest. Come down to our office and I will be happy to show you all about it.

Hope this helps

Jack -Drivesoft-Pimp My Ride Crew Member

www.drivesoft.net

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic