icon

I hear a noise

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
twisty1er 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2004 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

I had a JVC head unit and a amplifier powering my 2 subs 150x2 rms but I added a  Equalizer and now I get a noise

ex. when I accelerate the noise gets louder and when I decelerate the noise quiets down.

I anyone has any suggestion Id Appreciate thnx

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2004 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Take out the EQ...    But seriously, it sounds like a groundig problem.  Re ground to chassis metal.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
mikedawg 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 3:09 AM / IP Logged  
listen to alpine guy. when you keep adding components to your system, theres more chance of getting a ground loop. reground your system.
always looking for new info and willing to give it
twisty1er 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
thnx for the advice I was told the same thing but I wanted more peoples opinion.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
I had the same problems but it can be solved using safty grounds. Try running all your grounds to one point in the vehicle. Including your eq and deck and amps etc. I know grounds are suposed to be kept short but just extend the grounds for the eq and the deck back to the amps. I had a serious ground noise issue in my last system when I had a deck, a 2 channel amp for my front speakers, a 4 channel running my subs, a preamp, 2 stand alone active crossovers and a cap. I grounding everything to the same point as well as to a point with in a couple inches of the components and I eliminated my problems. Funny thing is I just forgot to disconnect the short grounds because I though having them both hooked up would cause a ground loop but it didnt so it was all good. So in the end just try running a ground just as a temp test, over the carpet and to the trunk, or wherever the amps are grounded. Hookem all up and see if it works. If it does than you can run the ground properly and if it doesnt well, at least you tried.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Planetium 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2004 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
This happened to two friends of mine last week, both were totally different issues. One had a sh*tty ground (made his own hole but never took the paint off the surrounding area), and the other had the cables conencted to his preamp rear speaker outputs as opposed to his subwoofer outputs. Try those.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic