icon

dynamat

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alldaymusic 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2004 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 91 honda accord, i'm running 2 12's they hit really good but i get a lot of rattling from my trunk. i heard even if i dynamat or use any deading material it's not going to help is this true? if not dynamat what else can i use i really hate this noise
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2004 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  
Unfortunatly if you have a stereo thats hitting hard in an accord that back trunk is gonna rattle unless you are into some major modifications. You could add a serious amount of wheather stripping and then some type of latches on the inside of the trunk. Of course that means you will have to crank the latches down from inside the car through the rear seats and iff they dont fold down that means taking your seat out everytime you wanna open your trunk up. The only other option on that car that I can think of is weld the whole thing shut. Its gonna make the trunk 100% unusable but it wont rattle and will probally even up your db's a little.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
chasesaccessori 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2004 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
<Unfortunatly if you have a stereo thats hitting hard in an accord that back trunk is gonna rattle unless you are into some major modifications. You could add a serious amount of wheather stripping and then some type of latches on the inside of the trunk. Of course that means you will have to crank the latches down from inside the car through the rear seats and iff they dont fold down that means taking your seat out everytime you wanna open your trunk up. The only other option on that car that I can think of is weld the whole thing shut. Its gonna make the trunk 100% unusable but it wont rattle and will probally even up your db's a little.>
What????????? Your crazy!
Dynamat or its equivalant plus a can of spray foam will do it for you. Spray the foam between all the braces and the body panels in the trunk including the lid. Then cover every flat surface with the Dynamat sheet. Put a piece behind the licence plate too. Also wrap any wire looms in Dynamat too. Doing this will de-rattle your car big time.
(owner/installer)
Chase's Accessories
Ridgecrest, CA
in business since 92
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2004 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
Itll stop the metal from resonating, but in accords the lip around the trunk itself will vibrate causing rattleing. Dynamatt WILL help but will not eliminate in this vehicle. That is of course, all depending on how much rattle we are actually talking about. Mabye this cat is only hitting 125 in which case it probally just is his trunk resonating. If thats the case then Dynomatt will fix his problem.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic