icon

lost in the mail

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nickch 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2004 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

i got a component set for my front speakers off the web over here in NZ. i got the tracking number and after waiting a week it says it was delivered and signed for but not by me. God knows where it was sent to. It said that it was sent to the same area i was in and someone else signed for it. What should i do in this situation. I have already contacted the courier service and all they could do for me was put a query on my package and hopefully get me in contact with the driver but i dont think that will get me far as whoever has got my speakers now might be selling it off at the cash convertors or something. Anyone have any ideas?

darn....

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2004 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
was it insured?
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
I dont understand how it was delivered to the same AREA. What company did the delevery? Call the company were you bought the speakers from and see what they say, not sure what they can do though.........never know.
NINsane18 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
What courier was it from? I worked for a company in my small town where I was getting 50 + deliveries a week. I would get packages every now and then that belonged to someone else. I signed a waiver that said they could leave packages without a signature. Keep calling them and they will either settle with you, or the driver might stop by the place for you if they remember where they delivered it and the person might have it waiting to be picked back up. Good luck!
Tim-May!
nickch 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

its not insured tho the couriers are meant to get it to the right place so i guess its their fault and they should reimburse me fully of the loss. I live in NZ and its a local courier service. have already contacted them about it and they said they will have a query on the delivery and they will try to track it. I asked them if there were any chances of my getting a reimbursement or even getting the package back. they said if they could no get the package back they could fill out a claim or something like that. The shop i got it from said that they sent it to the exact address that i specified as they print out their labels directly from their emails. I have checked this address to be correct so its clearly the courier's fault. i'll see how it goes as they said they will contact me today and if they dont, by 3-4 pm they said to call them to follow up. so hopefully it should be alright.

NINsane18 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
Good to hear, hope everything goes well!
Tim-May!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic