the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Headrest Monitors Installation like this?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
carguy411 
Silver - Posts: 683
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2004 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
how do you get the monitors to look like this when they are installed. with the bezel for the screen to be behind the leather and the leather around the screen to be perfectly strait. is thei harder,but more sequre
please let me know
thanks
carguy411 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2004 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
I believe you need to increase the size of the bezel (length and width) to allow for the leather to be tucked between the monitor and the bezel. You would have to cut the bezel into fourths and use some material (no idea what to use) to add length inbetween each cut.
For example, if you have a 5 x 6 bezel, you would want the bezel after modification to be say 5.1 x 6.1 (these are just random numbers, but you should get the point). If this is a bad way to do it someone say so, because I'm not sure this is the way to do it.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
Jpritch 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 5:32 AM / IP Logged  

I've seen detailed instructions on the web somewhere for doing exactly what you want to do.  I couldn't find them, but they are out there if you want to look.

No need altering the bezel.  Basically, you go about the installation as you normally would.  Create a template using the bezel, trace the outline onto the headrests where you want the monitor to be placed, cut the traditional "X" 1/4 inch short from the edges of the outline. When cutting out the foam, you cut to fit the bezel and not the screen.  Be sure not to cut too much foam out.  When you think you've got it, secure the bezel to a metal plate or similar.  Cut off the pointy edges of the leather remaining from the "X" cut leaving about 1 inch of material from the edge.  Then pull that leather tightly into the bezel, using glue to secure it into the bezel.  Then snap your monitor into place.  Your bezel will be hidden and your monitor will be the only thing showing.  The only problem I can forsee with this method is that the leather being folded and glued into the bezel will obscure any type of clip used to secure the monitor into the bezel.  You may have to cut out those areas from the leather using an exacto knife after gluing the leather in so that your monitor can "clip" into the bezel and be secured.

This is the best that I can remember.  If I find the link for those instructions I mentioned, I'll be sure to post it up.

Jpritch 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 5:36 AM / IP Logged  
I forgot to mention, most bezels have a slight gap between it and the monitor.  Which is why a thin flap of leather can be folded into the bezel and the monitor still placed into the bezel with no problem.  The resulting tightness will also help to secure the monitor.
carguy411 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
thats what i thought was done but i wasnt to sure..
thanks
i have one other question
what is the best way to secure the monitor in the headrest. either way with the bezel behind the leather or out in front. hows the most secure way
thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic