icon

Help with alarm on 2000 Chevy truck

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
underground 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2002 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
How can I hook up a simple alarm to a 2000 Chevy truck with factory keyless entry? All this guy wants is something to go off when the vehicle is tampered with, but he wants to keep his factory remotes. How can I do this this. I have heard of a simple type of alarm that is for added to factory keyless entry, can anyone help? Is there something I can do to add a shock sensor and maybe a siren or something like that? He wants to stay as simple as possible.
lalur 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2002 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
u can use A NORMAL shock sensor  all u have to do is supply power ,ground, then hook up the trigger wire to the door trigger        driver door ,tan   passanger door, orange
any help ask
DeathsJester12V 
Silver - Posts: 352
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2002 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
Or you can get a bottom of the line alarm, that has only Shock sensor, Door trigger inputs, Starter kill and siren....but he'll have two remotes than...one for the Factory Keyless and one for the alarm.... but than you have a lot of wires to tap....If he just wants a Shock sensor and siren....Go with a Bulldog 2010...Everythings contained in the siren...It's cheap and Cheesy, but it'll work...Otherwise..Try talking him into a full on aftermarket alarm...Won't be any different than he has now, just more secure...
Đễẳ†ђş 12\/ Ĵęśŧē®™
underground 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2002 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
Has anyone installed a Hornet alarm that upgrades the factory keyless entry to an alarm?
jason h 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2002 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
you can use a automate alarm model 415 that works off the factory keyless entrey.it arms with pulse from the lock wire and disarms with the unlock wire .
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 10, 2002 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  

I've installed many of the Audiovox PRO 9232---it is an alarm that works off the factory keyless.  It works very well, but the price and installation time are about the same of a regular alarm.  This'll be great if he just wants to keep his factory remotes....but he's not going to save much money.  I haven't installed the Automate or Hornet pieces, but anything from DEI should work well.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic